LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

59 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Boomtown have only just started doing that since their lineups have become obviously weaker

And I don’t think this is something they will continue to do, they had to sell Sunday tickets last year which they’ve never done before, in the current climate I think it’s a very risky move to make, and it does get so much negative feedback

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Arguably more interesting that the main drop for me.  When you start getting the beautiful Glade, West Holts, Park etc. 

yes, love the individual poster drops. Allows us to trawl through the acts that we don’t know of and give them a listen. Always a few gems are uncovered that way. 

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

yes, love the individual poster drops. Allows us to trawl through the acts that we don’t know of and give them a listen. Always a few gems are uncovered that way. 

100% I love doing this

5 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've always attended regardless of the lineup, more than happy to give over my money in October without knowing a thing and would do so, even if I still knew nothing walking through the gates in June.

How about we have no lineup at all? Just wonder round the site seeing who’s playing and stop if it’s someone you like!

16 minutes ago, plot2pot said:

How about we have no lineup at all? Just wonder round the site seeing who’s playing and stop if it’s someone you like!

Some of us have managed to achieve that during several attendances with the right intoxicants. Indeed as an oldie I've had it where I was looking at the guide but had blurred my vision 😊

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Some of us have managed to achieve that during several attendances with the right intoxicants. Indeed as an oldie I've had it where I was looking at the guide but had blurred my vision 😊

I wouldnt recommend it <shakes head at younger self watching crusty jugglers instead of Johnny cash>

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

I wouldnt recommend it <shakes head at younger self watching crusty jugglers instead of Johnny cash>

But sometimes crusty jugglers are just the right thing 

One of my favourite bits of the lead up is when the Glade/Block9 or somewhere announces their lineup, I don't know a single one of them, yet I get to witness others anticipate their special moments of the weekend and get new recommendations out of it. Roll on announcement season

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Yup, also missed him. Could actually hear snatches of him on the wind but had run out of steam.

My No 1 regret when I could have but didn't.

I'm pretty sure I saw him, but fecked if I can remember the details...like quite a few over the years 😂

31 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Yup, also missed him. Could actually hear snatches of him on the wind but had run out of steam.

My No 1 regret when I could have but didn't.

similar to me with  bowie at glasto, i feared he wouldn't play the hits (he was well known for not playing the hits).

the site was much quieter when bowie was on stage than when the stones were.

16 hours ago, clarkete said:

For me, the guide becomes completely unreadable either after dark or after consumption of various things, whichever comes first! 

46 minutes ago, Sitruc97 said:

Do apologise as its probably been mentioned plenty of times, however when do the individual stage posters begin to drop?

Last year West Holts was quite early, 14th March. It was then a month until Silver Hayes and Avalon, they then started coming out every few days from 28th April and throughout May.

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Like 1