2023 Stage Predictions

20 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Voice wasn't shot at Anfield and even if it was, matters not. Matters less than Keith's absence, for sure.

Someone’s voice being knackered matters if you’re watching it on TV. Or possibly if you’re stuck up in the nosebleeds at a stadium with zero atmosphere.

But a Pyramid headliner show? Where it’s all about the big collective experience? Nah. We’ll work around it.

I do agree about The Prodigy though. I love them but touring without Keith just isn’t going to be the same at all to me, even as a ‘collective experience.’ He was a huge part of the show and literally isn’t there. I hope they can pull it off but I won’t be going.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

I do agree about The Prodigy though. I love them but touring without Keith just isn’t going to be the same at all to me, even as a ‘collective experience.’ He was a huge part of the show and literally isn’t there. I hope they can pull it off but I won’t be going.

Me and a lot of others thought the same on that initial return tour, I didn't go. Every single last person I know who did said it was a phenomenal night even without Keith. HUGE regret on my part. 

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Someone’s voice being knackered matters if you’re watching it on TV. Or possibly if you’re stuck up in the nosebleeds at a stadium with zero atmosphere.

But a Pyramid headliner show? Where it’s all about the big collective experience? Nah. We’ll work around it.

The proper way to see the Prodigy is nearly dying at least twice in the moshpit, limbs all over, barely catching a glimpse of the people on stage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

I'd argue that both matter, but will concede that Keith's absence is more of a blow.

Can't get my head round why people think a shot voice doesn't negatively impact on a gig though.

...because even if it was shot it didn't come across as such and 50k people were in the palm of his hand. 

On 12/11/2022 at 9:20 PM, Andre91 said:

I don’t often check in here but is there anything to this Paramore speculation? 

A bit of a festival looking gap in their US shows between Jun 14th and July 6th… not playing Download or Reading/Leeds

Bit different style nowadays that probably fits better, Hayley would fit with some more female fronted to counteract the rumoured bloody blokes headlining

and our emo youth alter egos are manifesting it - but just dreams and speculation

1 hour ago, mjfiddy said:

A bit of a festival looking gap in their US shows between Jun 14th and July 6th… not playing Download or Reading/Leeds

Bit different style nowadays that probably fits better, Hayley would fit with some more female fronted to counteract the rumoured bloody blokes headlining

and our emo youth alter egos are manifesting it - but just dreams and speculation

Just a break in the middle of heavy touring I think honestly

17 hours ago, wro_lap said:

I went to the Prodigy rerun tour. Obviously nothing can ever live up to Keith, but they were still absolutely electric. They really created an atmosphere that felt like he was in the room - amazing band

18 hours ago, clasher said:

The proper way to see the Prodigy is nearly dying at least twice in the moshpit, limbs all over, barely catching a glimpse of the people on stage.

19 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Me and a lot of others thought the same on that initial return tour, I didn't go. Every single last person I know who did said it was a phenomenal night even without Keith. HUGE regret on my part. 

Great stuff. That’s what I wanted to hear. 

39 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Josh Homme himself has just reacted this morning to a comment I made from a a post over 2 years ago asking for QOTSA to play Glastonbury. Got to be a self confirm for next year.

Screenshot_20221214_152113_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20221214_152131_Facebook.jpg

I'm hoping this is Joshua Homme from LA and not Joshua Homme from bradford or something right 🙂 

10 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Josh Homme himself has just reacted this morning to a comment I made from a a post over 2 years ago asking for QOTSA to play Glastonbury. Got to be a self confirm for next year.

Screenshot_20221214_152113_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20221214_152131_Facebook.jpg

Could go up against Elton. Or even sub him. 

Or headline a different night on The Other as well. 

Good stuff. 

9 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Expecting QOTSA to open for AM personally. Fine with me, can watch them then bugger off elsewhere.

The only thing that stops that for me is Royal Blood aren’t supporting Muse that night so presumably are playing.  No chance it’s a run of AM, QOTSA, RB

11 minutes ago, sisco said:

The only thing that stops that for me is Royal Blood aren’t supporting Muse that night so presumably are playing.  No chance it’s a run of AM, QOTSA, RB

Definitely could be, they were third down at the peak of their popularity in 2017 and they've fizzled out since. Elbow did third this year and their 2021 tour was massive.