2023 Stage Predictions

28 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t often check in here but is there anything to this Paramore speculation? 

No. They’ve not been announced for any June EU festivals (or any EU festivals for that matter). I think it’s just some wishful thinking until they pop up somewhere.

If it continues to be radio silence I don’t think it’s likely at all.

FRIDAY
PYRAMID: Arctic Monkeys / Harry Styles / Royal Blood / Jorja Smith / Michael Kiwanuka / Passenger / Hayseed Dixie
OTHER: Lizzo / Yungblud / Joy Crookes / DMAs / The Gaslight Anthem
WEST HOLTS: Anderson .Paak 
JOHN PEEL: Aitch
PARK: Manic Street Preachers

SATURDAY
PYRAMID: Guns N' Roses / Paramore / Lil Nas X / Dermott Kennedy / Rina Sawayama / Gary Clark Jr
OTHER: The Prodigy / Central Cee / Bastille / Beabadoobee / Holly Humberstone
WEST HOLTS: Jamiroquai
JOHN PEEL: The Wombats
PARK: Yeah Yeah Yeahs

SUNDAY
PYRAMID: Elton John / Pulp / Gwen Stefani / Robbie Williams / Phoebe Bridgers / Seasick Steve / The Wurzels
OTHER: Queens Of The Stone Age / Courteeners / Declan McKenna / Sigrid / Pale Waves
WEST HOLTS: Nas
JOHN PEEL: Bloc Party
PARK: Pavement

9 hours ago, VCK said:

SUNDAY
PYRAMID: Elton John / Pulp / Gwen Stefani / Robbie Williams / Phoebe Bridgers 
OTHER: Queens Of The Stone Age 

That pyramid is phenomenal but that's a hell of a 5-way clash for me afterwards! 

On 12/11/2022 at 11:05 PM, VCK said:

FRIDAY
PYRAMID: Arctic Monkeys / Harry Styles / Royal Blood / Jorja Smith / Michael Kiwanuka / Passenger / Hayseed Dixie
OTHER: Lizzo / Yungblud / Joy Crookes / DMAs / The Gaslight Anthem
WEST HOLTS: Anderson .Paak 
JOHN PEEL: Aitch
PARK: Manic Street Preachers

SATURDAY
PYRAMID: Guns N' Roses / Paramore / Lil Nas X / Dermott Kennedy / Rina Sawayama / Gary Clark Jr
OTHER: The Prodigy / Central Cee / Bastille / Beabadoobee / Holly Humberstone
WEST HOLTS: Jamiroquai
JOHN PEEL: The Wombats
PARK: Yeah Yeah Yeahs

SUNDAY
PYRAMID: Elton John / Pulp / Gwen Stefani / Robbie Williams / Phoebe Bridgers / Seasick Steve / The Wurzels
OTHER: Queens Of The Stone Age / Courteeners / Declan McKenna / Sigrid / Pale Waves

Switch Other Friday and Saturday and I'll take it all day.

On 12/11/2022 at 10:19 PM, theglastokid said:

Elton John in his prime vs Prodigy would be a tough choice but his voice is shot and his lazy pub singing style now means I’d be at Prodigy although they may give a Elton a longer set perhaps so could catch first 30 mins

Voice wasn't shot at Anfield and even if it was, matters not. Matters less than Keith's absence, for sure.

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

Voice wasn't shot at Anfield and even if it was, matters not. Matters less than Keith's absence, for sure.

I'd argue that both matter, but will concede that Keith's absence is more of a blow.

Can't get my head round why people think a shot voice doesn't negatively impact on a gig though.

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I'd argue that both matter, but will concede that Keith's absence is more of a blow.

Can't get my head round why people think a shot voice doesn't negatively impact on a gig though.

Same way The Stones was ruined or Macca was ruined…

Basically it’ll be absolutely amazing with 100k people signing along 

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Same way The Stones was ruined or Macca was ruined…

Basically it’ll be absolutely amazing with 100k people signing along 

Didn't bother with Macca, but The Stones were dreadful (like a poor tribute act), left after about 15/20 minutes.

Edited by Skip997

9 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Because when you're in a field with 100k people going mad to some of the greatest and most popular music ever made the odd bum note doesn't really matter.

If you're expecting a septuagenarian to sound like they did in the 1970's then you may have unrealistic expectations. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

If you're expecting a septuagenarian to sound like they did in the 1970's then you may have unrealistic expectations. 

I don't but then I don't need any expectations as I won't be going.

One thing I have noticed though is that with the odd exception (Lee Scratch Perry) all the old Reggae singers I've seen have been fine.

Edited by Skip997