The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

1 minute ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Plume talk. 2019 again I’m telling ya. 

1251C23F-B911-4FD6-9A1F-E7BC619F906A.jpeg

Hope so. It was similar to this last year... they have no idea which will win the High or the low pressure. We won't have an accurate prediction until a day or two before it happens 

15 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Plume talk. 2019 again I’m telling ya. 
it’s going to be absolutely scorching by the festival weekend. 

1251C23F-B911-4FD6-9A1F-E7BC619F906A.jpeg

2019 Wednesday( high 20s) and the Saturday (30? 32?) also ruined me. It knocked me out the whole of Wednesday and most of Saturday afternoon/Evening. I can take the Saturday...Just. Can't do high temps on Wednesday. 

16 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

2019 Wednesday( high 20s) and the Saturday (30? 32?) also ruined me. It knocked me out the whole of Wednesday and most of Saturday afternoon/Evening. I can take the Saturday...Just. Can't do high temps on Wednesday. 

Yeah the Saturday was mad. I spent most of the afternoon in the shade of a bar. And fair play to them, they kept jugs of fresh iced water out and encouraged everyone to drink it. The one I was in (can’t remember which tbh) were also handing out free sunscreen, along with the usual from Info points. There’s not many festivals that look after their guests so well. I went to V for a day one year - my mate won tickets on Virgin radio - we had VIP passes and even though it was hot not a single drink of water was on offer unless you paid. Sh!te festival. 

Edited by Duggyfresh44

ECMW bone dry barring a shower wed night and some rain Friday midnight into Sat (Sat dry too till end of the run).

the Friday rain is very far into the future and goes against the pressure rising trend so a bit unreliable tbh. But Wed and Thur is pretty close now and look absolutely fine.

https://charts.ecmwf.int/products/medium-mslp-rain?base_time=202306141200&interval=6&projection=opencharts_europe&valid_time=202306241200

3 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

ECMW bone dry barring a shower wed night and some rain Friday midnight into Sat (Sat dry too till end of the run).

the Friday rain is very far into the future and goes against the pressure rising trend so a bit unreliable tbh. But Wed and Thur is pretty close now and look absolutely fine.

https://charts.ecmwf.int/products/medium-mslp-rain?base_time=202306141200&interval=6&projection=opencharts_europe&valid_time=202306241200

That's got to be looking good then with both charts currently.giving a dry festival

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

24 on 1 day and 20-21 across the weekend is too hot for you? Come on, I know you're concerned about the heat, but this is now turning into a bit. 20-24 in the end of June, is average to even low of what we've had recently. 

It is too hot for me but tbf, it's not as bad as it could be.

If the 24 would be moved to 20, Id take it.

1 minute ago, stopwn1981 said:

Can people genuinely tell diff between 20-24 degrees? Without being told what the temp actually is?

Not each individual degree - I'd probably struggle to tell the difference between 22 and 23 for instance, but I could definitely tell you if it was 20 or 24 if presented with two options.

2 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Can people genuinely tell diff between 20-24 degrees? Without being told what the temp actually is?

It's the humidity that's the killer for me.....we need a humidity forecast 🤣🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Genuinely how have you survived the past few festivals being close to 30 multiple times.

Well last year it was only like that on the Wednesday. I spent that day at the tent, not moving - under a UV umbrella. 

2019. I am not sure how I survived, but I did. Tbh, the Friday I wasnt as bad as some of my mates. I didnt see very much, but I survived. The Saturday, I saw the Proclaimers & the next thing I saw was Liam Gallagher. I was written off at my tent. Under an umbrella. 

I see sod all when its hot. I will drag myself to something.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I live 5 miles from the site and the sky is looking ominous as f**k in that direction right now.

Have felt a few spots of rain here and there but nothing major.

We're not forecast rain here until Sunday/Monday but I feel like it's going to break sooner than that, the air is so heavy and dark you can almost hear it.

IMG_5862.jpeg

43 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Well last year it was only like that on the Wednesday. I spent that day at the tent, not moving - under a UV umbrella. 

2019. I am not sure how I survived, but I did. Tbh, the Friday I wasnt as bad as some of my mates. I didnt see very much, but I survived. The Saturday, I saw the Proclaimers & the next thing I saw was Liam Gallagher. I was written off at my tent. Under an umbrella. 

I see sod all when its hot. I will drag myself to something.

After the Proclaimers I spent the next few hours in the shelter of the woods by Woodsies.  My go to place when it's hot

3 minutes ago, uscore said:

"What do you mean you find xx degrees too hot?  I'm fine with it so I can't believe you aren't too".

pretty sure this conversation has been had every year the message boards have existed.

yeah but low 20s objectively really isn't hot for summer. unless you're in your 90s i'm sure most people can cope with it