The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

1 minute ago, doogie said:

That might buy an extra hour or so when it's 20C outside, but does it hold up at 25C+?

Surprisingly, they really do. Camping in Wales last August in 30+ degree heat and it was still cool inside the tent. Gamechanger

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

13 days out folks.

This is absolutely horrendous. Really worrying.

All of the forecasts are predicting a total f**king washout.

I've not got on the weather hype train yet so this was pretty much the first thing I read and was suddenly concerned as to what I've missed or don't know. Then the suspicion came in and I knew I'd seen this tone before. Sure enough checking the user handle confirmed I was correct. Love it.

NFRNFC

53 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

24 at Glastonbury is brutal

I'm always amazed at people who want "holiday in Spain" temperatures at a f**king massive festival.

Trekking around in that heat is absolutely horrendous. Sunburn at a festival is a pain in the ass, and your hangover is inescapable.

2011 was grim, just loads of people trying to find any bit of shade available (there isn't much). 

Nice partial cloudy 17-20 all day long for me

If I paid to go to Spain in the summer and it was only 24 I’d want my money back 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So why not use sun block if sunburn is a worry?

Soltan kids factor 50 is the best Ive ever had. It's like war paint, horrible stuff, but it only needs topping up every hour or 2, rather than every 10 minutes.

The biggest myth in the world is this stuff. Expensive & had horrendous sunburn from it.

Do not buy!! Massive rip off.

818DCpTBYAL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.webp

21 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Soltan kids factor 50 is the best Ive ever had. It's like war paint, horrible stuff, but it only needs topping up every hour or 2, rather than every 10 minutes.

The biggest myth in the world is this stuff. Expensive & had horrendous sunburn from it.

Do not buy!! Massive rip off.

818DCpTBYAL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.webp

P20 is AMAZING...I always use it and it works for me

Latest run is in and it takes us to Friday.

Tuesday is looking quite damp but starts to ease from midnight and is dry all of wednesday morning, much to the relief of the Tuesday queue Crew. 

image.thumb.png.70d28fbefcbd8300cb604212c4e587b0.png

Wednesday temps are 18c, If anything, ideal for carrying all of your gear in and the ground will be a lot more receptive for tent pegs.

Thursday has light showers about.  Temps say 21c so it should dry out relatively quickly

image.thumb.png.af82d8a8cc39857f91581fcdf94dd2a5.png

Finally, Friday morning.  Looks dry.  Heavy rain out at sea that could cause a problem later in the day depending on where it goes.

image.thumb.png.f357c971d79bfaa4ece966784e17687c.png

Overall, this is Fuzzy's dream and if the rest stayed dry, pretty much ideal if a touch on the cool side.

2 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Tuesday is looking quite damp but starts to ease from midnight and is dry all of wednesday morning, much to the relief of the Tuesday queue Crew. 

Wednesday temps are 18c, If anything, ideal for carrying all of your gear in and the ground will be a lot more receptive for tent pegs.

Thursday has light showers about.  Temps say 21c so it should dry out relatively quickly

Finally, Friday morning.  Looks dry.  Heavy rain out at sea that could cause a problem later in the day depending on where it goes.

Overall, this is Fuzzy's dream and if the rest stayed dry, pretty much ideal if a touch on the cool side.

I'd love that, but it'll all change tomorrow - the trend is for sun.

9 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

That'd be less than ideal.

Chance of rain everyday and washout Tuesday. 

55 minutes ago, doogie said:

That might buy an extra hour or so when it's 20C outside, but does it hold up at 25C+?

Buys significantly more than an hour. And even when it's hot outside, the tent should never exceed the ambient temperature so inside is no worse than outside.

55 minutes ago, doogie said:

In my experience, it helped me sleep in until 11am or midday if I was lucky.

They do hold the heat off for an extra 2-3 hours than others I've been camped with and as it doesn't warm up to 25 or whatever until lunchtime it does the job for me.

Was well worth the investment, sadly I bought it just after Glastonbury 2019!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, incident said:

Buys significantly more than an hour. And even when it's hot outside, the tent should never exceed the ambient temperature so inside is no worse than outside.

I've even sat inside mine for a bit or to get changed etc during the day without feeling like boil in the bag rice within 20 seconds.

59 minutes ago, doogie said:

Had one last year for Glastonbury and End of the Road. After heavy nights I managed to sleep until mid-late morning without sweating like a pig.

Even at Glastonbury when it was hot you could go in the tent in the daytime without coming out dripping in sweat. They're really good.

1 minute ago, Chip Batch said:

Had one last year for Glastonbury and End of the Road. After heavy nights I managed to sleep until mid-late morning without sweating like a pig.

Even at Glastonbury when it was hot you could go in the tent in the daytime without coming out dripping in sweat. They're really good.

I think even on the Sunday at Glastonbury last year I slept till 12 ish then just lazed in the tent for another hour before deciding I should get up!

Complete game changer for me, and just a shame we didn't have them for my first 20 years of festivalling!

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Cos it's easily avoided if you're sensible.

Last year at Boomtown it was 35C every day. I spent the day under shade, with an umbrella, spray bottle, fan, hat, light clothes, water, didnt drink any alcohol at all, bought several ice creams.

Still got heatstroke.