The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

That as may be, I dont doubt that. but the post you replied to isnt me saying I want it to to rain. It's me saying I'd rather it be a temperature everyone can get comfirtable in, without rain. 

More people would prefer Coldplay to King Gizzard to a conservative ratio of 1000:1, but I'm part of the smaller ratio of that too.

I don’t want Coldplay or rain.

Honestly can’t see the decent weather lasting, it never does. Hope I’m wrong though. 

1 hour ago, oakdown said:

I mean it did also rain a fair bit that year if I remember right? Definitely did during the Frightened Rabbit set on Other, I've got a pic of me in a soaked parka.

Controversial opinion but I'd take rain over baking heat any day. 2019 and parts of last year seriously drained me.

A little bit on Friday afternoon yeah and again on Sunday afternoon, odd bit at night but not a whole lot during the day. 

The 12z has come in and it's an improvement on the last couple of runs with a bit of high pressure blocking off the lows and a lot of the rain that comes with it. 

There's a bit of rain showing for tuesday but appears to be light and should clear by the time the car parks open.

Temps on the wednesday are looking warm and more importantly dry.

Thursday is looking cooler but there's light rain about

image.thumb.png.88311c94256c8a6b9e2026ea61c41a93.png

It's still better than what we had earlier and is encouraging that the high pressure from the continent is doing some work to block the lows coming in. If that high pressure continues to develop and grow, we should be grand.  If not, the rest of the festival could be very unsettled if this run is anything to go by.

It's still going to be at least a week before the runs start to be more accurate but for now the signs appear to be ok, even if it is a bit of a knife edge at the moment.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I can still remember now, 2005 it was, we used to camp up by the cows and the decent toilets so quite far up the hill.

There we were around the campfire and as I looked out, lightening, nooooooo said my friends, it can’t be. 

Look again! Over there lightening. 

And thus we were f**ked!

The end. 

Annnnnnnd Body Rockers were cancelled because a bolt went through the roof of the tent during the storm. 

So NO f**kING RAIN!!!! 

EVER! 

2010 All over again 💪🙏🥳

2 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Latest run is in.  And it's a beauty.  

It's maintaining the tradition of being stupidly warm on wednesdays

image.thumb.png.16a4705098e8dcb96e4220f6cd8ec916.png

And then Thursday comes along and shows you how its done

image.thumb.png.da9e53769c04ef01bc56935d14f91c53.png

Don't get carried away but it is glorious to see.

Too late, I am totally gone, keep em coming like this weather wizards.

Just now, BambooShanks said:

Woop woop! I'm up late because I've just done a 6 hour round trip for a 30 minute meeting 😴😴 

...but it was all worth it because I got to see this lovely red and orange run and now I can go to bed and have sunny glasto dreams 😊 haha 

Thanks @BambooShanksjust in time lol

Just now, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Woop woop! I'm up late because I've just done a 6 hour round trip for a 30 minute meeting 😴😴 

...but it was all worth it because I got to see this lovely red and orange run and now I can go to bed and have sunny glasto dreams 😊 haha 

Thanks @BambooShanksjust in time lol

You're welcome.  Wasn't going to stay up but once I saw how glorious it was, I had to post it.

45 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Just seen Coldplay and they were f**kin superb … any wet stuff though that can just f**k off and keep f**king off 

I like them too... But then I was never subject to them over and over on the farm... Could be the Beatles, if they took up slots year after year, I think people would still have gotten fed up with them

18 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Stick... Stick... Stick. 

Edited by Alvoram

2 hours ago, Franky said:

I can still remember now, 2005 it was, we used to camp up by the cows and the decent toilets so quite far up the hill.

There we were around the campfire and as I looked out, lightening, nooooooo said my friends, it can’t be. 

Look again! Over there lightening. 

And thus we were f**ked!

The end. 

Annnnnnnd Body Rockers were cancelled because a bolt went through the roof of the tent during the storm. 

So NO f**kING RAIN!!!! 

EVER! 

2010 All over again 💪🙏🥳

2005 was my first Glasto.  I loved it.  And I've been to every one ever since.

So I reckon it'll be ok.