The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

2 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

Is this intentionally ironic? He could definitely say similar about you... 

I mean I hope so? I've looked at a few weather threads to compare and he seems to pop up every year posting in the exact same format the most negative and doomsayer-y things possible about the weather. Genuinely thought it was quite a good bit if it's ironic.

3 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

A washout for me first one would be a bit gutting LOL

My first 3 were 04 (muddy), 05 (biblical flood and muddy) and 07 (rained all weekend and muddy).

Still loved it.

Edit - still don't know what a GFS or (an) ensembles is/are

Edited by The Nal

Usual caveat of anything over 7 days has under 50% confidence.

This run resembles the last one and continues the trend of the high pressure on the continent dissipating allowing the low pressure to gain control and bringing a lot of the wet stuff on the way.

image.thumb.png.20652faddbe9ede6b8d434757585ddcf.png

Short term it isn't too bad.  A couple of showers but with how dry the ground is, it's nothing too concerning but things start to go quite wet from the saturday before the festival onwards.

Obviously at this far out a lot will change and after the scorchio run of yesterday, I was expecting a downgrade in conditions so I'm not worried at the moment.

It wouldn't be a rollercoaster without a few dips along the way!

54 minutes ago, The Nal said:

My first 3 were 04 (muddy), 05 (biblical flood and muddy) and 07 (rained all weekend and muddy).

Still loved it.

Edit - still don't know what a GFS or (an) ensembles is/are

Same. 

Was starting to think I was a curse!

22 minutes ago, sprocketrocket said:

Plenty of time for that high to build from Europe and the azores to give us a fist.

all it takes is a cheeky finger to drastically change the direction of the festival.

A finger will suffice. I’m not greedy.

great minds and all that

Edited by BambooShanks

15 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

That's what you want. Everyone can enjoy it.

It being hot is rancid for me. Good for others. 

I want everyone to enjoy the festival. Not just those who like certain weather.

More people would prefer sun to rain by a conservative ratio of about 1000:1.

35 minutes ago, squareheadz said:

More people would prefer sun to rain by a conservative ratio of about 1000:1.

That as may be, I dont doubt that. but the post you replied to isnt me saying I want it to to rain. It's me saying I'd rather it be a temperature everyone can get comfirtable in, without rain. 

More people would prefer Coldplay to King Gizzard to a conservative ratio of 1000:1, but I'm part of the smaller ratio of that too.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Semi-annual reminder as we head into the weather hysteria season that if you look at the pressure line (top) on the extended GFS ensembles you can see just how uncertain it is this far out.

After many years of watching a lasting high break down just days before the festival only to turn nice the week after this current pattern doesn't worry me at all. Get it over with, get down the farm.

Diagramme GEFS

2 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

A washout for me first one would be a bit gutting LOL

My first was the mudbath that was 2016 and I actually have quite fond memories of it. I think the excitement of it being your first papers over a lot of the negative vibes.

13 minutes ago, oakdown said:

My first was the mudbath that was 2016 and I actually have quite fond memories of it. I think the excitement of it being your first papers over a lot of the negative vibes.

Mud is fine. Not preferable obviously but rain is a serious pisser.

Last time I went was 2019. Up to the week before they were predicting heavy thunderstorms. Low temperatures. Anyone that went will remember it was one of the hottest festivals on record and it think we actually had the hottest festival day on the Saturday ever? That was too much tbh. But I was also there in 1997 and that was NOT pleasant so in between would be nice. 

Just now, The Nal said:

Mud is fine. Not preferable obviously but rain is a serious pisser.

I mean it did also rain a fair bit that year if I remember right? Definitely did during the Frightened Rabbit set on Other, I've got a pic of me in a soaked parka.

Controversial opinion but I'd take rain over baking heat any day. 2019 and parts of last year seriously drained me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, oakdown said:

I mean it did also rain a fair bit that year if I remember right? Definitely did during the Frightened Rabbit set on Other, I've got a pic of me in a soaked parka.

Controversial opinion but I'd take rain over baking heat any day. 2019 and parts of last year seriously drained me.

NFRNFC

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2