Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

43 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The Sun isn’t reliable for gossip about celebrities (that helps to sell newspapers) but they reveal this kind of scoop as often if not more than other newspapers.

It has the ring of truth about it too.

Another detail, if it were for Parklife's 30th anniversary (1994) as the Sun says, the tour would be in 2024 and not next year ...

Edited by Fabrizzo

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

That’s not right e.g. Primavera’s 20th anniversary (2001) was scheduled for 2020!

The edition number and the amount of years are 2 different things, think about it ... if you were born in 94 how old are you in 2024?

Edited by Fabrizzo

8 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

The edition number and the amount of years are 2 different things, think about it ... if you were born in 94 how old are you in 2024?

You are completely right and I’m an idiot.

The etiquette for albums and events is slightly weirdly different.

Albums celebrate their anniversary with the same final digit.

Festivals celebrate their anniversary one digit to represent their tenth, twentieth edition etc.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, xxialac said:

We're spared from having Harry Styles' fans descend on Primavera as he is playing Mad Cool next year.

16 hours ago, BenG92 said:

No Rock Werchter, and no UK fests at all probably since he's doing 6 arenas/stadiums. 

He's playing different dates on both Werchter and Madrid than the actual festivals, probably headlining his own shows on the venues. Also playing Barcelona mid-July

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Martin_89 said:

Hope we're not getting Arctic Monkeys next year. Seems like they're going with the same kind of sound (pretty mellow) for next album, and that is just not working in a festival setting for me.

Id pay really good money to see Arctic Monkeys do an indoor, mellow show for the last album (and the new one, judging by the new track) but I wouldnt be too excited to see them do it on the main stage to 60,000 people when I'm a mile back and everyone is chatting. 

Always an issue with a big band, of course, that people just want to see the hits, but I think it makes it a little worse when the new stuff is also mellow. 

So if I'm discounting AM and Arcade Fire, my early season predictions are all wrong so. 🙂

16 hours ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Can't see Gabi booking Arcade Fire in lieu of the allegations. Doesn't scream new normal.

Would like The War On Drugs as the big guitar band over Artic Monkeys

People still book Red Hot Chilli Peppers and other questionable bands. Just sayin

It is allegations with nothing legal in the courts at the moment. it's not a defence of him or whatever. It's just what it is.