Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

On 9/1/2022 at 9:31 AM, Rico_Pliskin said:

It is allegations with nothing legal in the courts at the moment. it's not a defence of him or whatever. It's just what it is. 

Sure, but it's clearly hitting the band's reputation at present and any festivals that book them would, likely, see a similar hit. 

Feist was criticised for supporting them in Ireland and has since quit the rest of the tour and donated her proceeds to a women's charity, so if other artists are operating in this manner, I wouldn't be surprised to see Arcade Fire go quiet for a little while after this tour. 

At the very least, I'd be very surprised to see PS (who went very public and very loud with the New Normal) align themselves with them in the midst of the media storm. 

44 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Sure, but it's clearly hitting the band's reputation at present and any festivals that book them would, likely, see a similar hit. 

Feist was criticised for supporting them in Ireland and has since quit the rest of the tour and donated her proceeds to a women's charity, so if other artists are operating in this manner, I wouldn't be surprised to see Arcade Fire go quiet for a little while after this tour. 

At the very least, I'd be very surprised to see PS (who went very public and very loud with the New Normal) align themselves with them in the midst of the media storm. 

I reckon you're right,

I reckon it'll be like this festivals like melt Prima, Glastonbury, Roskilde etc won't have them due to being more socially conscious.

Festivals like Opener, Mad Cool, Super Bock, Exit fest, Eject fest and Summer Well may have them.

28 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

I’m assuming headliners have already been booked.. if that’s the case and they booked AF.. I wonder how easy it would be for Prima to get out of that contract. No idea how these things work. 

Likely there'll be some clause in the contract that means they can break it off for whatever reason. They might have to pay some of the fee still, but since nothing has publicly been announced I doubt they'll take much of a hit. This is an enormous, multimillion euro business with good lawyers so they'll have that sort of thing locked down.

On 9/2/2022 at 1:48 PM, bobhoward said:

I’m assuming headliners have already been booked.. if that’s the case and they booked AF.. I wonder how easy it would be for Prima to get out of that contract. No idea how these things work. 

I really hope they have booked them and that they will stay on. Concert in Glasgow last night was excellent, best AF show (of 7) I‘ve seen so far; great setlist

Edited by brosch
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, xxialac said:

No way in hell has Primavera spent the last few years banging the 'New Normal', gender-balanced drum, only to then book a band with a frontman facing such accusations from multiple women.

Freddie Gibbs was on the lineup despite the allegations on him.

Although Win Butler and Arcade Fire have much higher profile, so I tend to agree with you, if nothing changes with these allegations, I doubt we'll see them

3 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Freddie Gibbs was on the lineup despite the allegations on him.

Although Win Butler and Arcade Fire have much higher profile, so I tend to agree with you, if nothing changes with these allegations, I doubt we'll see them

Sure but I don't think it's remotely comparable. 

Although a (very) serious allegation, Freddie Gibbs was acquitted of all charges in a court of law and indeed he maintained that he had no sexual engagement with his accuser whatsoever so there is not even an ethical consideration here unlike with Butler.

1 hour ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Yeah can't see it being any earlier, think they would want to get LA and the south American festivals out of the way before announcement. Also got the Weekender , so last week November.

Yes, absolutely. I think they also a) will want to get a march on the competition (worked so well for them last time) and crucially will want to get money in the door (no tickets on sale at the moment). Think I also saw a competition on the OS forum where you had to guess bands by a deadline of November, though admittedly might not be relevant.

15 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

I noticed that Muse have announced a European tour  for next year ,no Spanish dates , they've played mad cool already,  I would like to see them but not at the prices they charge for a gig , anyone think they could play primavera.

Extremely minimal chance. Too 'stadium rock' for Primavera and there's plenty of other PS-friendly options who'll be around next summer they'll want to get.

Mad Cool/Benecassim/BBK Bilbao more likely for Muse.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Fnmentaluk said:

I noticed that Muse have announced a European tour  for next year ,no Spanish dates , they've played mad cool already,  I would like to see them but not at the prices they charge for a gig , anyone think they could play primavera.

And they'll most likely play Mad Cool again.