Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

16 hours ago, Fabrizzo said:

I agree, I don't understand this disrespect for AM, seems cool to criticize them

Well, they've committed the cardinal sin of being popular, don't you know... 😅

Ah sure lookit, I love AM but I'd rather see them at a standalone show, and it's certainly fair to say there was a much bigger British lad element to the last year they played PS than any other time I've been. 

So if that's where people are coming from, I can get why there might be some people pleased to see them all-but ruled out. 

That said, I wouldn't be rushing out to pick up tix on the basis of some of the other rumoured headline acts. Different strokes, etc. 

But I am on record here, I think, in saying I'm more keen on a stronger undercard than headliners next time out so I can avoid Mordor more. Didn't enjoy my time there this year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, xxialac said:

Not a fit for Primavera.

She would 100% fit the current vision of Primavera as well as Beyoncé. I think they are too expensive though. I have no idea about arctic monkeys but at least some of the big names in the American primavera must be there…I am skeptical that NIN would drop out

Edited by Whos3000_

57 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

She would 100% fit the current vision of Primavera as well as Beyoncé. I think they are too expensive though. I have no idea about arctic monkeys but at least some of the big names in the American primavera must be there…I am skeptical that NIN would drop out

To „drop out“ - were they ever in? I know they were booked for 2021 (?) but doesn’t their absence in 2022 despite touring Europe shortly after make 2023 even more doubtful? Maybe the contract was cancelled?

1 hour ago, Whos3000_ said:

Fit for me also takes into account cost and she would blow the budget without adding much.

She's nowhere near as critically acclaimed as Beyonce and doesn't write her own songs And having been around almost 20 years and stopped releasing music of late, she lacks the fresher appeal of, say, Dua Lipa,

18 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

To „drop out“ - were they ever in? I know they were booked for 2021 (?) but doesn’t their absence in 2022 despite touring Europe shortly after make 2023 even more doubtful? Maybe the contract was cancelled?

you could be right. Would they be strong ticketsellers for a PS audience in 2023? maybe yes, but there are stronger names