Regrets? I've had a few...

BluePaul

I have regrets every single time during the post-festival processing period.  

The reality is I've seen shitloads of stuff and got the most out of it I can, but there's that much going on all at the same time, it's hard not to get that feeling even after 10 years.

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

I have regrets every single time during the post-festival processing period.  

The reality is I've seen shitloads of stuff and got the most out of it I can, but there's that much going on all at the same time, it's hard not to get that feeling even after 10 years.

absolutely. I don't think we should look at it as having regrets. most of the calls you make will be the right one for you, and a lot of the other calls just open up other possibilities and experiences. knowing you may have missed out on something only adds to the excitement for the next festival and a reminder of just how brilliant and never-ending the festivals' depth is.

same thing with having "a list" for glastonbury. again i think this actually only limits you. know everyone is different though!

3 hours ago, BluePaul said:

Almost as bad as the time back in 1980 when me and a group of mates were off to see Buzzcocks at the Top Rank in Sheffield and decided to have a few more scoops in the pub rather than see the support band.  "We'll see them next time round" we said.  Sadly Ian Curtis committed suicide a few weeks later...

It was October 1979, I was at the gig!

Said it too many times on here but Sheeran for Justice due to peer pressure, one of my life’s biggest regrets let alone Glastonbury.

Also Sunday 2015, I was just wiped out in the afternoon, really wanted to see Future Islands after Lionel and then my main act of the weekend was the Chemical Brothers. Instead I just stayed at the Pyramid and half slept through Alt-J, then made it over to the Other and sat on the ground during Jamie T. When the Chems came on I just didn’t enjoy it because I wasn’t buzzed enough.

Basically it all came down to poor drink management, I didn’t drink enough earlier enough, and allowed the fatigue to take over me rather than powering through. The annoying thing was that after The Chems our group met up (some had stayed at the Pyramid for Weller/The Who) at Arcadia and the buzz kind of revived us, we ended up in the SE corner until sunrise so it wasn’t all bad, but it just shows I could’ve brought that forward to the afternoon and enjoyed the acts I wanted to if I’d put my mind to it.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mwk525 said:

My biggest regrets are watching Ellie Goulding instead of catfish and the bottlemen and watch Ed sheeran in general! 
Ed was the worst headliner I’ve watched.

That’s like being asked which testicle you’d like to be kicked.

• Upvote 1

The grimness of 2007 making me think I couldn't put myself through it again, I was back in 2010, 2008 and 2009 the only ones I've intentionally missed since 1994.

Never think you cannot do it anymore.

You will be dragged back anyway 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Said it too many times on here but Sheeran for Justice due to peer pressure, one of my life’s biggest regrets let alone Glastonbury.

Same, this one will haunt me for a while but it did lead to Ed hearing my lamentations about my choice in a Shangri-la toilets at 4am.

3 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Same, this one will haunt me for a while but it did lead to Ed hearing my lamentations about my choice in a Shangri-la toilets at 4am.

Brilliant  😄 I remember reading you say that before.   Did Ed say anything in response? 

3 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Ha, I’ve heard you quote this story in another thread, shortly after I’d expressed my regret at missing them for Ed for the thousandth time on here!

It’s genuinely the only one that haunts me though, everything else just generally comes down to the quality of the performance which is something you could never know in advance, Ed over Justice just smelt all wrong from the start, and I always knew it was the wrong call.  

I blame Adele for me seeing Ed Sheeran, I was going to see New Order but at the last minute had an ‘ah fuck it’ moment and decided that Adele could end up being an iconic Glastonbury set and I really shouldn’t miss it. Ok so not iconic but I really enjoyed it and have no Regret, unfortunately having that in my mind in 2017 and no burning desire to see any of the alternatives I decided to do the same with Sheeran, couldn’t have been a more polar opposite experience, jeez what a load of nonsense, just the most boring thing ever.

2 minutes ago, Smeble said:

I blame Adele for me seeing Ed Sheeran, I was going to see New Order but at the last minute had an ‘ah fuck it’ moment and decided that Adele could end up being an iconic Glastonbury set and I really shouldn’t miss it. Ok so not iconic but I really enjoyed it and have no Regret, unfortunately having that in my mind in 2017 and no burning desire to see any of the alternatives I decided to do the same with Sheeran, couldn’t have been a more polar opposite experience, jeez what a load of nonsense, just the most boring thing ever.

I get your reasoning there, I mean Adele isn’t my thing at all, but she was genuinely a moment. I have no idea who she was up against at the time, but I have zero regrets about seeing her (TLSP into Tame Impala before hand was also an absolute dream for me too). Sheeran on the other hand was just awful. 

2 hours ago, hodgey123 said:

Went to Shaggy over Nile Rodgers & Chic a couple of years ago, think that is the only one I really regret now. I'd have actually liked to have seen Ed Sheeran unlike plenty here, but think that was the year he clashed with Boy Better Know and I went on my own to see them instead when 10-15 of my group were at Ed but don't regret that choice at all!

That’s the choice I wish I’d made! I bet BBK were class.

My recent regrets, watching Wu Tang over Chems in 2019 - in my opinion it was a weak Wu performance and nowhere near as good as their 2011 Pyramid appearance.

In 2010, my friend fell asleep in Silver Hayes, having overcooked Saturday night partying and missed Stevie Wonder. I still gently remind her of it from time to time. 😁

We had to leave on Sunday night in 2016 and decided to get on the road early and miss Justice. After watching it back I was absolutely raging that we missed it. 

Dilemma I have this year is whether to see Paul McCartney or not. I feel like I should because it will never happen again but equally not really fussed. Anyone else facing this dilemma?

4 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

My only regret is watching stupid Muse and the stupid Globalist instead of Underworld. 

Underworld - New Order - LCD would've been a GOAT headline trio, instead it is forever tainted. 

I did that run as my headliners, was very happy with my decisions

1 minute ago, Dave_c said:

We had to leave on Sunday night in 2016 and decided to get on the road early and miss Justice. After watching it back I was absolutely raging that we missed it. 

Dilemma I have this year is whether to see Paul McCartney or not. I feel like I should because it will never happen again but equally not really fussed. Anyone else facing this dilemma?

I’ve got the same dilemma over McCartney because I’ve no interest in Billy Eilish and love The Foals so that’s boxed off, and I’d actually really like to see Kenny but I know my whole group would hate it, so I’m actually happy to take one for the team there and see something else with that one... but we have a first timer with us and I really want them to see a Pyramid headliner so McCartney seems the only viable option, but if it wasn’t for that I’d genuinely have no qualms skipping him. 

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’ve got the same dilemma over McCartney because I’ve no interest in Billy Eilish and love The Foals so that’s boxed off, and I’d actually really like to see Kenny but I know my whole group would hate it, so I’m actually happy to take one for the team there and see something else with that one... but we have a first timer with us and I really want them to see a Pyramid headliner so McCartney seems the only viable option, but if it wasn’t for that I’d genuinely have no qualms skipping him. 

Yeah a first timer really needs to see a Pyramid headliner. I'd be seeing McCartney for the wrong reasons so will probably give it a miss.

Regret being dragged off by teenagers to see Kula Shaker headline on NME ( other) stage in 1997 during the Radiohead classic pyramid headline set. Also can’t remember seeing Pulp in 1995 but not sure what I saw instead! 

4 hours ago, EMorgz92 said:

Had a stupid argument with my then-partner over where to go, ended up seeing the Jacksons (I think?!) On West Holts over the Foo Fighters. Was rubbish sound and couldn't find our group so really disappointing.

Also napped instead of Royal Blood, that wasn't intentional, but also gutting

Snap I was near the front for the Jackson’s and the sound was rubbish down there.