Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

We had a rumour a while back that they were gonna do a secret set. No updates on the rumour since, but with what little info we have so far they’re probably a front runner for one of the Sunday TBAs.

Lovely. I caught The Killers at JP in 2017 and it was great. Could easily see The 1975 pack that tent/field out, they always put on a great show.

On 6/9/2022 at 6:50 PM, TownesMR said:

For the introducing stage, I know there's a consensus that it's Wolf Alice, Idles, and Arlo Parks, but were there any guesses for the Saturday afternoon slot? Was this on the initial schedule?

image.png.192cad83f87b9ac23a0e3a85039150d4.png

Where did Arlo come from? Any day for that - i hope she makes an appearance with Glass Animals

12 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Clutching at a straw from some distance here, but where did that Arctic Monkeys 'rumour' originate? 

some random user said it

A friend pointed out to me last night that so many (maybe all) of the 'big' secret acts in the last 10 years or so have all gone on to have a big slot the following year.

I questioned it but when he reeled them off, it stacked up. Makes me think that Park slot in particular will be someone big, maybe not the JP one - given the time

19 minutes ago, gfa said:

Where did Arlo come from? Any day for that - i hope she makes an appearance with Glass Animals

Arlo, Idles and Wolf Alice are all curating a day each for the bbc tent. So the theory is they’re all playing their respective nights in the TBA slot. Some thought it might be a DJ set though, not live band.

15 minutes ago, mufcok said:

A friend pointed out to me last night that so many (maybe all) of the 'big' secret acts in the last 10 years or so have all gone on to have a big slot the following year.

I questioned it but when he reeled them off, it stacked up. Makes me think that Park slot in particular will be someone big, maybe not the JP one - given the time

I don't think that's right, yes some have but I'm sure just as many haven't. 

Pulp, Radiohead, Elbow, Franz Ferdinand...

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I don't think that's right, yes some have but I'm sure just as many haven't. 

Pulp, Radiohead, Elbow, Franz Ferdinand...

You're probably right, we were very pissed. 

Just setting myself up for when I'm waiting for Arctic Monkeys to walk out, and it's Paolo Nutini.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I'd be made up with that.

Haha. I've had some belters over the years. Close call for the best, think it's between Daft Punk 2013 Arcadia - which ended up as Chase & Status, or Bowie on Park (forget the year) when they just shut the stage.

30 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Arlo, Idles and Wolf Alice are all curating a day each for the bbc tent. So the theory is they’re all playing their respective nights in the TBA slot. Some thought it might be a DJ set though, not live band.

a cool, i knew it was idles and wolf alice but didn't realise arlo was the third 🙂 

40 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Where is the BBC Introducing stage exactly? Says online it's in the interstage area, but surely it's not the same place I'm thinking of as I thought interstage was VIP only?

And are we thinking it's Idles on the Saturday?

image.png.7de7c7d1da6ebc4037baa3c543656e72.png

Here it is!

image.png.ac1d0026028d80d98c196b501f05ccb0.png

Consensus, logically, is they will fill the TBA slots at the end of each day they're headlingin. Taken from here - 

https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/2022/bbc-music-presents-glastonbury-2022

15 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Everyone on Facebook are essentially saying TBA on JP is Green Day. Is this genuine?

While technically not impossible, they would have to then be playing 4 days straight. Something they’ve not done at any other point of the tour.

18 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Everyone on Facebook are essentially saying TBA on JP is Green Day. Is this genuine?

Anyone saying that is doing so out of pure wishful thinking.

It's exceptionally unlikely to be them just based on logistics.

5 hours ago, hey_im_liam said:

Buzzing that The Chemical Brothers seem to be the secret set on Arcadia - am I right in thinking that would be the Friday night slot? TBAs from 23.00-01.00 and 01.00-02.00.

Also keen to know the William's Green Thursday secret set and John Peel Sunday secret set.

Wondering if Sports Team might be the one for WG - no idea about John Peel though. Maybe Paolo Nutini? Any news/ideas/gossip/rumours?

Cheers

should be the 2 hour one as its long been locked in and the 1 hour one only just appeared from Nina Kraviz bailing on her slot. its a DJ set by the way incase you missed that, not the full live show 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

I'm hoping it's nobody decent on the park secret slot on Sunday as it will clash with Turnstile..

exactly my thinking! already had to make peace with the fact I’d be missing Turnstile for Kacey Musgraves (seen Turnstile twice already this year and they were fantastic) so selfishly hoping it’s something I can skip!

29 minutes ago, incident said:

Anyone saying that is doing so out of pure wishful thinking.

It's exceptionally unlikely to be them just based on logistics.

Definitely wishful thinking.. but is it really impossible based on logistics? Do they really need the full stage production and all the regular equipment for a surprise set at a much smaller stage? Also max 1h compared to the 2h they usually do.

IIRC they had a similarly packed schedule when they played a secret set at Reading 2012, but I think they had a day off either before or after.

3 minutes ago, Nessipessi said:

Definitely wishful thinking.. but is it really impossible based on logistics? Do they really need the full stage production and all the regular equipment for a surprise set at a much smaller stage? Also max 1h compared to the 2h they usually do.

IIRC they had a similarly packed schedule when they played a secret set at Reading 2012, but I think they had a day off either before or after.

100% not impossible and i think incident agrees with that, just cannot see it happening. Very random as well considering their album came out a while back and they don't have history with the festival either.

11 minutes ago, gfa said:

100% not impossible and i think incident agrees with that, just cannot see it happening. Very random as well considering their album came out a while back and they don't have history with the festival either.

But why cant Glasto just book them and you throw the history thing out of the window. There is no pattern. Who cares about a new album or not. In an hour theyll play one "new" song and the rest will be all their hits. Did anyone want to hear that new song The Killers did in 2017? No, they wanted Mr Brightside. If this all comes down to acts the festival has had and such the. There will never ever be a genuine surprise. Whats the fun in that.

Oh and lets not forget Crows Nest is an entire TBA schedule all weekend.