Volunteering 2022

stuie

If this is the new thread, then this will be my bookmark for it 👍 

second time oxfam steward, which will be my ninth glasto appearance. only one more to official miserable old veteran status! Looking to arrive on the Monday this year and I dare say I’ll pop along to a planned meet-up/drink-up if we have one on mon or tues . . . 

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

image.jpeg.b61ff1f2fc4b9f6954cc95d82b1eac52.jpeg

Sooo… new thread, Oxfam Stewards, which shift pattern are you hoping for?

note: no guarantee this is the actual shift patterns

Never done the same pattern twice but I'm hoping for A or C this year! 

2 hours ago, March Hare said:

Wel I’d gladly take any of them! Still trying to get an Oxfam gig with my page checker! Lots of false alarms today with other things on the page changing. 

I do have a Thursday coach ticket now since the resale but I really want to get on the farm for that Monday and Tuesday business as I have friends working with FMS that are doing the same! 

Sorry if that’s greedy!! 😀

16 minutes ago, amfy said:

Tell me that again at about 3.30am on Monday morning!

In 2019 I had a shift that started at 6am Monday checking wristbands at the Oxfam crew camp site.  At 3am I was still at Genosys wearing gold Kylie pants from Sunday afternoon 😬😬😂

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stuie said:

Wel I’d gladly take any of them! Still trying to get an Oxfam gig with my page checker! Lots of false alarms today with other things on the page changing.

Apparently Shop applications close on the 12th. Would expect Campaigners to be the same - so from next week on it'd should be a bit easier to keep an eye out for Glastonbury changes.

Hi. First time with Oxfam for me and my husband, Ade. I would love C or D, but to be honest I really don't mind. After being on the resale list since 2019 I will take anything. I actually got through on the resale but sticked with Oxfam. Really looking forward to volunteering 🙂 

6 minutes ago, Jensescapade said:

Hi. First time with Oxfam for me and my husband, Ade. I would love C or D, but to be honest I really don't mind. After being on the resale list since 2019 I will take anything. I actually got through on the resale but sticked with Oxfam. Really looking forward to volunteering 🙂 

*whispers quietly* I reckon volunteering is actually better than going as a punter. . . 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

*whispers quietly* I reckon volunteering is actually better than going as a punter. . . 

Definitely Monday and Tuesday, staff bars and at my age periods of enforced sobriety are a good thing

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Only done it the once, was the only way I could get there in 2019, but would definitely do it again. Glad I have a ticket this year as I really want to see Macca, but if you don't have any must sees on your list then it's great. We had shift B which is perfect for the main stages, only the Saturday night headliner was affected.

Being onsite Monday and Tuesday more than makes up for actual shifts.

The dream would be to get the early Sun-Tues shift, I'd pay good money for that over a normal ticket

3 hours ago, March Hare said:

I reckon A is good if you like the main stage acts.

E if you like the late night areas- and can possibly cope with going straight from Shangri La to an 8 hour gate shifts. Doesn't E also have the higher chance that your last shift is changed because they need less people?

B+C+D are a good middle ground.