Volunteering 2022

stuie

2 hours ago, dondo said:

Me too for the 7th time. Should hear about what shifts we get this month.

Yeah, hopefully. Everything seems a little bit later this year, probably due to Fiona having to go through everyone who was accepted last time and rolled forward to this year. Looking forward to getting back to Tom's Field 🙂

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

Yeah, hopefully. Everything seems a little bit later this year, probably due to Fiona having to go through everyone who was accepted last time and rolled forward to this year. Looking forward to getting back to Tom's Field 🙂

I had a look back at my emails and it was the 2nd of May in 2019 when I got my shift information.

But yes will be good to be back in Tom's Field and at Glastonbury. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, balti-pie said:

If this is the new thread, then this will be my bookmark for it 👍 

second time oxfam steward, which will be my ninth glasto appearance. only one more to official miserable old veteran status! Looking to arrive on the Monday this year and I dare say I’ll pop along to a planned meet-up/drink-up if we have one on mon or tues . . . 

Is it worth linking it with the Oxfam staff bar crawl?

First time volunteering, I'll be stewarding with Oxfam. Saturday night is my favourite, so if I had to choose I think I'd go with A! Who knows what I will get though! I'm absolutely buzzing for it. I'll be alone, but have friends going as punters. Keen to hear any volunteer stories or tips! 

18 hours ago, balti-pie said:

If this is the new thread, then this will be my bookmark for it 👍 

second time oxfam steward, which will be my ninth glasto appearance. only one more to official miserable old veteran status! Looking to arrive on the Monday this year and I dare say I’ll pop along to a planned meet-up/drink-up if we have one on mon or tues . . . 

24 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Is it worth linking it with the Oxfam staff bar crawl?

There is also a recycling crew one on Tuesday night.

Maybe an efests one on the Monday?

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, March Hare said:

image.jpeg.b61ff1f2fc4b9f6954cc95d82b1eac52.jpeg

Sooo… new thread, Oxfam Stewards, which shift pattern are you hoping for?

note: no guarantee this is the actual shift patterns

I had E in 2019, with the Sun overnight shifted to Monday AM, with the added twist of having to drive and starting my shifts 1hr before these times.  Still got two solid nights raving in on Thursday and Saturday, though it was a little bittersweet wandering up to my van at 10pm on Sunday night, already pretty much sober...

Got an email yesterday from Festaff, offering me a priority place on the volunteer crew, since I did it in 2019. I've already got a an actual ticket this time, otherwise I would have certainly taken then up on it.

The deadline for me to apply is the 12th of April. So I'm guessing any remaining positions might go public shortly after that.

Poo crew have emailed me and only a few other people with volunteering opportunity.

poocrew2@naturalevent.co.uk is the email address if you're interested. Full details...

"We have had a few cancellations for cleaning at Glastonbury festival and are now recruiting again. If you are interested, please read carefully the details below and reply to us asap.

To begin with you will need to arrive no later than 4pm the 21st of June and leave no earlier than 26th June PM. There will be cleaning shifts every day of 7 hours each (plus 1 hour for a food break). There are only unpaid roles left, if you decide to take an unpaid role, you will not have to work on the Monday and get one day off during the event. 

Of course, it's a festival and we want you to enjoy yourselves so I always ask people who they want to work with and if there are bands they want to see, we can't promise anything but most of the time we can accommodate everyone.

For people that have not worked for Natural Event before, we will ask you to pay a bond of £500 which will be fully refunded upon completion of all shifts within 2 weeks of the event finishing - this is set up on Paypal to ensure all of our security.

Everyone that works for us has a great time, we offer a fabulous private campsite with loos (of course) and showers, there is even a breakfast van for those on early shifts otherwise there is still food provided for you at the crew catering depo. usually 1 meal per shift. Lots of people will compliment you on our fabulous loos and tell you what a great job you're doing which makes the job very worthwhile plus of course having the knowledge that you are working for a very environmentally, sustainably friendly company.

If you are still interested, please email me back with a few details about yourself - especially if you have any skills like trailer driving".

18 minutes ago, Scrump said:

Poo crew have emailed me and only a few other people with volunteering opportunity.

poocrew2@naturalevent.co.uk is the email address if you're interested. Full details...

"We have had a few cancellations for cleaning at Glastonbury festival and are now recruiting again. If you are interested, please read carefully the details below and reply to us asap.

To begin with you will need to arrive no later than 4pm the 21st of June and leave no earlier than 26th June PM. There will be cleaning shifts every day of 7 hours each (plus 1 hour for a food break). There are only unpaid roles left, if you decide to take an unpaid role, you will not have to work on the Monday and get one day off during the event. 

Of course, it's a festival and we want you to enjoy yourselves so I always ask people who they want to work with and if there are bands they want to see, we can't promise anything but most of the time we can accommodate everyone.

For people that have not worked for Natural Event before, we will ask you to pay a bond of £500 which will be fully refunded upon completion of all shifts within 2 weeks of the event finishing - this is set up on Paypal to ensure all of our security.

Everyone that works for us has a great time, we offer a fabulous private campsite with loos (of course) and showers, there is even a breakfast van for those on early shifts otherwise there is still food provided for you at the crew catering depo. usually 1 meal per shift. Lots of people will compliment you on our fabulous loos and tell you what a great job you're doing which makes the job very worthwhile plus of course having the knowledge that you are working for a very environmentally, sustainably friendly company.

If you are still interested, please email me back with a few details about yourself - especially if you have any skills like trailer driving".

I'd be tempted by that if it didn't involve human shit, you got more than 1 day off and the deposit wasn't £500!

27 minutes ago, Scrump said:

The state of some of those compost loos at the back of the other stage would make even the hardiest glasto veteran think twice about volunteering for this.....

However, a ticket is a ticket. 

Surely they didn't turn the showers off for these guys in 2019? That would just be cruel?

45 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

The state of some of those compost loos at the back of the other stage would make even the hardiest glasto veteran think twice about volunteering for this.....

However, a ticket is a ticket. 

Surely they didn't turn the showers off for these guys in 2019? That would just be cruel?

No, I'm pretty sure they didn't. My memory is they blocked off one shower block for the toilet crews usage only in 2019, and had to keep it on when our other crew block was turned off.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

9 hours ago, dondo said:

I had a look back at my emails and it was the 2nd of May in 2019 when I got my shift information.

But yes will be good to be back in Tom's Field and at Glastonbury. 

I am sure Fiona is busy right up to the last minute.

25 minutes ago, Scrump said:

Wateraid email received! I'm going to glasto!!!!!!

Same and also not the loo crew this year but to be honest, I would have been well happy with that. 2019 was fine. It all chimed with my gallows humour

1 hour ago, Jay Pee said:

Same and also not the loo crew this year but to be honest, I would have been well happy with that. 2019 was fine. It all chimed with my gallows humour

I'm on loo crew😂 but couldn't be happier, ticket is a ticket and really like water aids vibe so you won't hear me complaining!

What role did you get?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Scrump said:

I'm on loo crew😂 but couldn't be happier, ticket is a ticket and really like water aids vibe so you won't hear me complaining!

What role did you get?

Hi Scrump. Some sort of water carrier / engagement with folk about WaterAid mission.  And good attitude by the way.  2019 spent on loo crew and had a blast.  Saturday was effing hell but self imposed.  Had all Friday off so went for it down the naughty corner. Got to bed at 04:30 and up at 06:00 for early shift.

In that heat. Absolutely baking by 08:00 on shift down near Silver Hayes having the crack with people a third my age chewing their own faces off who hadn't been to bed.

Such a mad shift and somehow still got to see Fontaines DC at Williams Green. 

14 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

OMG I didn't expect that at all. In fact Fiona has said that she and her team do not want any unsolicited e- mails from anyone.

I think she'll have a reserve list to cover folk that drop out.

7 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Hi Scrump. Some sort of water carrier / engagement with folk about WaterAid mission.  And good attitude by the way.  2019 spent on loo crew and had a blast.  Saturday was effing hell but self imposed.  Had all Friday off so went for it down the naughty corner. Got to bed at 04:30 and up at 06:00 for early shift.

In that heat. Absolutely baking by 08:00 on shift down near Silver Hayes having the crack with people a third my age chewing their own faces off who hadn't been to bed.

Such a mad shift and somehow still got to see Fontaines DC at Williams Green. 

Great to hear that you got in again Jay. That Saturday shift in 2019 was brutal, the SH toilets near other were so bad. Always fun when the sun bakes the shite on to the toilet 😄