Fun after dark

MarcoPolo

Hey guys - what do we think is going to fill the void of Beat Hotel for electronic music this year? Whilst I loved Beat Hotel, I did always think it was a shame to cram so many great DJs into playing the one venue at glasto when you could have them playing in more interesting parts of the festival site, like Block 9/Shangri-La/Unfairground etc

Any news or gossip anyone has would be great, can't wait!

42 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

While we're on the subject, has anyone got any favourite late night spots that aren't in the SE corner?

I'd be interested in suggestions for this too. I've never managed to go to see a sun rise at Glastonbury, and fancy ticking that off the to do list this year. Am wondering what to do between the headliners finishing and about 4.30/5am when the sun rises that isn't too full on like the SE Corner, but reasonably lively to keep me awake through he early hours (unless there is a quiet bar to have a snooze in)

1 hour ago, Olshansky said:

strummerville is awesome and often overlooked in the wee hours.  it's a hell of a hike, but always worth it.  

and then of course, you can make an entire evening of the rabbit hole and the crows nest 

Is there anywhere else properly in the trees like strummerville is?

2 hours ago, phil the shrew said:

I'd be interested in suggestions for this too. I've never managed to go to see a sun rise at Glastonbury, and fancy ticking that off the to do list this year. Am wondering what to do between the headliners finishing and about 4.30/5am when the sun rises that isn't too full on like the SE Corner, but reasonably lively to keep me awake through he early hours (unless there is a quiet bar to have a snooze in)

I think the actual sunrise is later than that, it's light by then but sun still takes an hour or so to clear the hill

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

While we're on the subject, has anyone got any favourite late night spots that aren't in the SE corner?

My go to is the Glade area (Glade Lounge ran on slightly later (til 3am ish maybe?) than main Glade stage if my vague memory serves me well! 

Stonebridge Bar in The Park may be an alternative too depending on lineup - fantastic memories of a smashing Bicep set there early hours of Sunday morning in 2017 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AlDee said:

My go to is the Glade area (Glade Lounge ran on slightly later (til 3am ish maybe?) than main Glade stage if my vague memory serves me well! 

Stonebridge Bar in The Park may be an alternative too depending on lineup - fantastic memories of a smashing Bicep set there early hours of Sunday morning in 2017 

glade is the bomb

19 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

William's Green normally has the Deptford Northern Soul Club on one of the nights (1-3am sort of time), tends to be pretty quiet around there at that time. They have things at the same time on the other nights, but can't remember what they are. 

• Upvote 1

One of the best nights I've ever had at the festival was DJ Yoda in the Pussy Parlure. I’ve just looked up the stage times & he played 0130 - 0300 on Fri night / Sat morning.

I’ve not spent a lot of time around Silver Hayes & tend to agree with many who say the area doesn’t work… but there is some good stuff on late there. 🙂

20 hours ago, Olshansky said:

strummerville is awesome and often overlooked in the wee hours.  it's a hell of a hike, but always worth it.  

and then of course, you can make an entire evening of the rabbit hole and the crows nest 

Sssssshhhh! Don’t tell everyone!  Just joking, yes strummerville is tremendous late night early morning, you just don’t know what to expect. Ideal for us as it’s just at the foot of the WV steps, so a last stop before heading up. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know of any bars/tents that play cheese music late night? When Mrs VVV has a few ciders that’s all she wants.

I seem to remember an epic BAR (think just called BAR) near the bandstand/williams green and they often played some cheese in there during the day which was always good fun.

On 4/1/2022 at 7:27 PM, Olshansky said:

What time does Strummerville go on until?

7 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

Does anyone know of any bars/tents that play cheese music late night? When Mrs VVV has a few ciders that’s all she wants.

I seem to remember an epic BAR (think just called BAR) near the bandstand/williams green and they often played some cheese in there during the day which was always good fun.

Pretty much all of them … I’m similar … when wandering home I’ll always get distracted by a cheesy bar … 

9 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

I would like this too, specifically one that play The Killers.