Who Got Lucky?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

Got to booking page after about 5 mins and bought 2 tickets from Bath with no bother.

Got in again and tried to buy two more but nothing available from anywhere - kept trying different coaches but no joy.

Much easier than expected though, which seems to be what a lot of people are saying. Will be trying on Sunday for the rest of our group, and feeling much more optimistic.

Maybe the long break since the last festival has cooled some of the hype?

Really good to see so many successful people on here.

On another note (and this isn’t a dig at anyone) but does anyone else find the coach tickets a total farce? Yes in theory more people going by coach = greener but not if they have to travel the wrong way to get said coach.

Of course, then tickets are like gold dust people will do whatever it takes and can’t really blame them 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, autoinflate said:

Maybe the long break since the last festival has cooled some of the hype?

In the October sale there’ll be way more casuals, by now only the hardcore remain trying. Plus there’ll be more back in the pot due to the delays in the festival actually happening. Also think a lot of people who didn’t get them in October will have simply made other plans especially as everyone can go abroad etc now 

1 hour ago, DirtyLurker said:

This thread is giving me all the feels 😍

Never been so pleased that so many people i don't know got a ticket to a festival that I'm (currently) not attending 😁 so happy for you all!

I'm going to try Sunday but partner not keen (one too many real life things all up in their grill) but if I get tickets and pay they'll come around right, right?! **(Insert Skywalker/Padme gif here)

I'm doing it anyway 😉

The force is strong in this one. 

Of course they'll come round - they're not made of stone are they? 

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Myself and Mrs Nal got sorted, having initially decided not to go - other things on etc - went into full TDay mode at about 5pm. 

everybodystaycalm-staycalm.gif

Outstanding. Now can you just leave your shit weather chat at home and we'll be golden 😄

11 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

On another note (and this isn’t a dig at anyone) but does anyone else find the coach tickets a total farce? Yes in theory more people going by coach = greener but not if they have to travel the wrong way to get said coach.

Of course, then tickets are like gold dust people will do whatever it takes and can’t really blame them 

I know what you mean, but I think the number of people doing those trips is probably a relatively low % of the total. Based on gut feel, nothing more.

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

I know what you mean, but I think the number of people doing those trips is probably a relatively low % of the total. Based on gut feel, nothing more.

i imagine that you'll get more people heading to the departure City by train, so slightly greener - maybe i'm basing that on my experience though.

...... although then you're giving money to train companies so there's that.

Edited by mjfiddy

14 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I know people who have done this journey to get to the festival... so yeah it does defy the sentiment of what the coach tickets are trying to achieve but in the grand scheme of things the volume of these people is probably a drop in the ocean.

image.thumb.png.3e4689300d2bae7f87cf4693193ddd75.png

18 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

In the October sale there’ll be way more casuals, by now only the hardcore remain trying. Plus there’ll be more back in the pot due to the delays in the festival actually happening. Also think a lot of people who didn’t get them in October will have simply made other plans especially as everyone can go abroad etc now 

I don't think anyone said this before - for so many people this summer will be their first big holiday abroad since 2019. Probably one of the biggest things that is hitting ticket demand

Was trying for a mate last night. Got through and managed to pick a coach from London but the time slots were disappearing fast. Then on payment page wouldn't let me type out card number - I would type and the cursor would move forwards but the numbers weren't there unless I hovered over/selected them. Tried to progress but kept getting 'please insert card number' message. Tried various different cards but never worked. Refreshed the page which brought me to same spot but same issue. Tried about 20 times but eventually had to admit defeat. 

Anyway, we go again on Sun morning! 

15 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Myself and Mrs Nal got sorted, having initially decided not to go - other things on etc - went into full TDay mode at about 5pm. 

everybodystaycalm-staycalm.gif

Excellent. So that's you and @Wooderson

Did Paul try? He said he wasn't but seemed to be wavering a few weeks back.

29 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

not really, 95+% of coach-ees will be people getting the nearest one, the rest may be driving / getting the train a much much longer distance, but it also means those people won't be clogging up the festival area roads, as they'll be on the coach, so it's a net win all round.

53 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

We had 6 out of 8 sorted last night. 2 from Newcastle, 2 from York and 2 from Stoke. All from Manchester.

Defeats the object really, but a ticket is a ticket!

Edited by CH0161

Missed all of this last night - absolutely delighted for all of you who hit the jackpot!

Completely agree with this -

2 hours ago, DirtyLurker said:

This thread is giving me all the feels 😍

Never been so pleased that so many people i don't know got a ticket to a festival

15 hours ago, hodgey123 said:

I got through after 10 or so minutes but every time I selected the coach option I wanted and then submitted, it would say there was an error and redirect me back to where it said no tickets available. Happened 5/6 times!

I got to this page for  London, and just kept refreshing for another 10 mins or so as other baskets failed (guessing fraud checks etc). 

Finally got 2 come back up for weds, 5am departure. So stoked 😬