2023 legend slot

ProperTea

52 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I think they’ll have been asking for years. There were rumours Madge was approached to headline 2019 and she’s an act I’m pretty sure they’d drop everything to book if she was interested. Madonna at Glastonbury would be a must see but really could go either way. 

Yep it would be a hit or miss performance but no way she's anything other than headliner and yes I'm sure they have been asking or politely making enquiries for at least a decade. 

You might be right. Before actually looking at the facts I assumed she was usually down the bill or happy being a perennial support act for bigger artists (Tom Petty, Billy Joel Eagles, etc). But she does seem to top the bill at fests stateside.

But the cachet of the legend slot could still easily sway matters.

I'd maybe been sleeping on her as a contender, but with Fleetwood Mac unlikely any time soon she's one of the stronger options they could plump for.

8 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Original line up s club 7 touring next year…

First tape I ever owned, good chance I end up going to this just for the beans. 

Also, it's January 9th mate, put the turkey down.

Edited by BenG92

Has anybody mentioned Ozzy yet? He's touring this year and with acts of his vintage, it has to be assumed it could be his last outing. I think he'd be perfect for this slot as he has the tunes and a hell of a lot of cultural cache.

The only thing against, and I think this year it could be decisive here, is that the 3 headliners are similarly white, male and of a certain heritage. Maybe he's for the Friday arvo rock slot?

11 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Has anybody mentioned Ozzy yet? He's touring this year and with acts of his vintage, it has to be assumed it could be his last outing. I think he'd be perfect for this slot as he has the tunes and a hell of a lot of cultural cache.

The only thing against, and I think this year it could be decisive here, is that the 3 headliners are similarly white, male and of a certain heritage. Maybe he's for the Friday arvo rock slot?

Can't help thinking that this tour won't happen.  He's a real mess these days.

48 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I think there's other things tbh... quality, health, lack of singalongs to name a few.

17 minutes ago, Robofish said:

Is it possible that we just don’t have a legend slot this year? 

No, can't see that happening.  It's a sad day when we've run out of legends of any substance.