2023 legend slot

ProperTea

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Watching a documentary on Alanis Morissette, that album is so fucking good. She's not right for the Legend Slot but whack her on any other time onr The Pyramid and it will be amazing. 

Yep she'd be great. Sheryl Crow was amazing and I could see this being the same 

Saw Alanis at V2008, really good live

10 hours ago, Neil said:

so she'd have had two years to book beyonce. we all have to do our jobs with external factors effecting what we can do and when.

Yes and we all have jobs where we can’t get the staff we want for various reasons including money, availability, and money.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Watching a documentary on Alanis Morissette, that album is so fucking good. She's not right for the Legend Slot but whack her on any other time onr The Pyramid and it will be amazing. 

Saw her in Glasgow last year, excellent. Would be superb on the ol’ Pyramid.

Theres also a decent number of people for whom Jagged Little Pill constitutes an entire legend slot.

11 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

To make the headliners look less odd they should move some of them down the bill and move some non-headliners sized acts up into the top slots.  Other festivals do it all the time.

Absolutely. Keeps the quota balanced. 

im getting genuinely puddled now. I expect the tabloids to go all hysterical if/when it’s all men on the top line. But a Glastonbury forum? Of all the f**king places where I’d have thought people would pay attention to what Emily Eavis says. Surely this is where what Emily Eavis (that’s Emily EAVIS) says would carry some weight. 

But no. Only some of what she says is important and other stuff, well, let’s ignore that. FFS.

On 2/1/2023 at 6:28 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

I was going to say Charles & Eddie except Eddie Chacon has actually made a comeback that whips ass and noone would blink at seeing him pop up early on West Holts or The Park.

Didn't one of them die? Would fucking love to see Would I Lie To You? if Eddie still does it.

On 2/2/2023 at 6:38 PM, Mich1268 said:

Rod Stewart. I remember my Dad listening to him all the time (Elvis and Stones too) he would allow me age 8ish to stand up in the Ford Granada sunroof thing that you wound back. I loved it. Rod was before I thought about what and wasn't teenage "cool". Maggie May.... I would  go to see him for my 89 year old dad and for me too. 

Absolutely get this. My mum played Kenny Rogers loads when I was a kid so I went to see him for her as much as me. So glad I did, especially as she's gone now. She watched it on TV and it was lovely to see those songs live.

I have no connection to Rod though so if it's him I'll probably be elsewhere!

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Saw her in Glasgow last year, excellent. Would be superb on the ol’ Pyramid.

Theres also a decent number of people for whom Jagged Little Pill constitutes an entire legend slot.

I'm one of them! Saw her once and it was great but that album especially means loads to me.

Not right for Legends slot, but get her booked.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Absolutely get this. My mum played Kenny Rogers loads when I was a kid so I went to see him for her as much as me. So glad I did, especially as she's gone now. She watched it on TV and it was lovely to see those songs live.

I have no connection to Rod though so if it's him I'll probably be elsewhere!

Course you do. You like Nick Cave. So do I. I like Rod. There you go. 

13 hours ago, henry bear said:

Some very unlikely names being bandied about for the Legend slot. To make life easier, here’s a fail-safe flowchart:

50C19CC9-EF09-4EB8-92BE-DAB4A461FE24.jpeg

That "arenas or stadiums" criteria would rule out plenty previous though, including Ray Davies who would be a welcome return visitor at some point especially if he reconciles with his brother. In recent years not sure I'd call either Barry Gibb or Kenny Rogers arena acts either (though both have technically done them on occasion).

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

To be honest, as much as I enjoy the legends slot when it's someone I like it would be a relief not to deal with the crowds for once. Pretty sure I'd be elsewhere.

Yes, must admit we had thought that as well. It kinda ties you to the pyramid area at a time there’s always  good things elsewhere, even a nice wander around the site on the last day.  But then it all depends who is playing! 

22 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The ideal scenario is someone good on beforehand. Last year was the dream as we were already in the pit to watch Herbie Hancock so at ground zero when Diana Ross instigated the mother of all parties a short while later.

True. And it can be a highlight of the festival when it's fun and you have a decent spot. But it won't bother me to do a festival where I skip it either. Rod is Skip City for me.