Where to watch from

Fred Zepplin

Since we now have a lot of the line up where will you be watching them from? Do you have specific areas at each stage and tent or do you just stand where ever? I'm not someone who gets close to the stage unless there's not many people there.  Mine are:

Pyramid - Looking out from the stage on the left half way up the hill is my go to place if I can. I came in from the other side of the stage and watched Laura Marling one year and it seemed weird being so low it relation to the stage.

Other - Always on the right from the stage. Obviously the bar is that side which is a bonus but I think there's less talking from people around you there. The other side and the back have paths so people stop and have a look and natter and carry on walking

WH - Since no screens central mid way back

Park - Go past the stage and come in from the top part near the small bar there. Generally stay on the higher ground or can get a bit closer in this side if I feel like it

John Peel - Come into the field from the bottom and walk past the tent and the bar and come in that side, always quieter and more space.

Always tend to hang round the back of the other as you can get a good view and be quite close to bars and loos etc. I’m quite tall too which helps.

pyramid I don’t like to be too far back as you can be amongst some chatters. I like to go deep enough that I am surrounded by people concentrating on the act. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

anywhere inside the fence will be ideal this time ..... 🙂 

in all serious I tend to watch from further back as urinal access is easier .... and people can move sideways around me if my hat blocking their view ... 

ffs

1 hour ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Other - Always on the right from the stage. Obviously the bar is that side which is a bonus but I think there's less talking from people around you there. The other side and the back have paths so people stop and have a look and natter and carry on walking

I find for the other stage that bit is always fairly easy to get to the front as the crowd barriers open that side. You can usually nip in and out even for a headliner.

In answer to the original post, I am always as close to the front as I can get if it’s someone I’m into.

Going back to the 90s, we always used to meet “Twixt trees” on the pyramid field. To the right of the sound tower, there were 2 perfectly laced trees on a rise where we would meet and watch. They may have been cut down since then…

Sunday legend slot when it's heaving we tend to just go directly behind a sound desk. There's around 25-30 of our lot in our main group usually so finding space big enough for us all to have a good boogie is difficult. We're not too fussed about having the best sight lines, prefer space around to dance and having good sound. If it's not rammed then front and left of a sound desk is usually the plan.