Beer Prices

Barneym

On 6/15/2023 at 8:55 AM, Pazzler said:

Met the manager of several of the bars down there last night; £6.50 standard, £6.80 premium (told to "aim for London prices")

Also the Brooklyn Pilsner is being offered at 4%, as opposed to 4.6%

Was holding out that I may have misheard him, alas not.

San Miguel it is then.

Burrow Hill is £6 and 5%. I'm bringing my own ale and don't really drink much but will have a pint or two of this. Seems like one of the best offers on site.

1 minute ago, theesundayroast said:

First timer here! Looking to do a bit of a bar crawl tomorrow or Thursday however planning on alternating between buying at said bar and drinking our own cans. Is this okay with the venues or would they (fairly enough) have an issue with it?

noone will notice / care 

5 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

First timer here! Looking to do a bit of a bar crawl tomorrow or Thursday however planning on alternating between buying at said bar and drinking our own cans. Is this okay with the venues or would they (fairly enough) have an issue with it?

Yep enjoy it! Nobody will care. 

13 hours ago, theciderviking said:

Rough and ready reckoner based on unit prices - best value (ie. cheapest way to get sozzled!) is Burrow Hill at £2.11 per unit.

585182988_Image19-06-2023at23_12.thumb.jpeg.a16ca7812925c6c328e0944ab5625aed.jpeg

17 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

Cider bus prices, taken today.

PXL_20230620_113902537.jpg

out of upvotes, thanks both

£6.50 for a pint of 4% lager is a complete piss take for somewhere that thinks its some sort of free loving hippy fest. This is over double what a pint of Carlsberg costs in my local freehouse, in Zone 3 London. Capitalism is live and well at Glastonbury!

On the other hand, i cant really blame them. With such an affluent middle, class crowd why not take advantage and charge this amount?  

Just now, Gulping Gull said:

£6.50 for a pint of 4% lager is a complete piss take for somewhere that thinks its some sort of free loving hippy fest. This is over double what a pint of Carlsberg costs in my local freehouse, in Zone 3 London. Capitalism is live and well at Glastonbury!

On the other hand, i cant really blame them. With such an affluent middle, class crowd why not take advantage and charge this amount?  

Peace, free love and watered down lager

13 minutes ago, Gulping Gull said:

It's probably the contract they'll have with Carlsberg themselves or whoever.

Breweries are watering down beer as to either cut costs or get to get a tax break on the reasoning that people will drink less alcohol if the beer is weaker lol.

So yes capitalism is live and well at Glastonbury, but lets not blame the festival themselves. They need to supply it from somewhere I guess.

Edited by Mark Greensmith

8 minutes ago, Mark Greensmith said:

It's probably the contract they'll have with Carlsberg themselves or whoever.

Breweries are watering down beer as to either cut costs or get to get a tax break on the reasoning that people will drink less alcohol if the beer is weaker lol.

So yes capitalism is live and well at Glastonbury, but lets not blame the festival themselves. They need to supply it from somewhere I guess.

I dont really buy the whole, its the company who have the contract that set the prices thing. The festival will have plenty of companies vying to supply the beer, so surely they can set price levels and guidance in the bidding process? It is, after all, still their festival.