R, SR, TBC & C

Gnomicide

48 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Self esteem should be down as at least an (R) as she’s on the festival circuit and realistically theres no way she wont be there

Was she one of the two acts Emily mentioned in the radio 1 interview when asked who she'd been listening to?

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yes indeed, I've been updating the playlist from last year (and the year before that!) here.

Only major departure from Gnomy's approach is that I've kept in anyone from the 2020 poster who's active in or around the UK at the time. Emily's recent interview further confirmed that most of those are being invited back. Worthy of a Strong Rumour in my book. Order is confirmed, self-confirmed, poster acts, others who are TBC or SR (including a few that I rate as that even if Gnomy doesn't).

This is excellent, thanks! Very useful for someone who hasn't listened to a lot of the rumoured acts. Courtney Barnett my favourite discovery so far.

• Upvote 1

Some more for this I've included on the playlist (all SRs I'd say):

The Chats - were booked for Williams Green, over from Australia to play 2000 Trees early July
Dream Nails - booked for WG, playing Bristol w/e before, have played the Sisterhood stage at least 3 times
Dry Cleaning - were a TBC, playing Euro fests with a clear GSH
HAAi - @Matt42 said she confirmed for 2020, playing UK fests in June
Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot - regulars, said they were booked for 2020 and hoped to be back for 2021, playing IoW
IDLES - self-confirmed for 2021, Belfast on the Friday
The Snuts - booked for WG, GSH
Sports Team - booked for WG, GSH

5 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Some more for this I've included on the playlist (all SRs I'd say):

The Chats - were booked for Williams Green, over from Australia to play 2000 Trees early July
Dream Nails - booked for WG, playing Bristol w/e before, have played the Sisterhood stage at least 3 times
Dry Cleaning - were a TBC, playing Euro fests with a clear GSH
HAAi - @Matt42 said she confirmed for 2020, playing UK fests in June
Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot - regulars, said they were booked for 2020 and hoped to be back for 2021, playing IoW
IDLES - self-confirmed for 2021, Belfast on the Friday
The Snuts - booked for WG, GSH
Sports Team - booked for WG, GSH

All valid arguments. Added in.

First post updated again:

• (R) Self Esteem & Gabriels (Emily listed as current two favourite acts on R1)
  • (R) Jesse Malin, self confirmed last time, dates just added around the festival
  • (TBC) Anjelique Kidjo, Caoilfhionn Rose and Cery Nelmes all self confirmed.
  • Stuck all the TBCs in bold cos I felt like it.

39 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Should Snarky Puppy be at least a (R)? They were on the 2020 poster, and their tour ends in America the week before Glastonbury.

Also, Jacob Collier? He's active in the UK with his last gig the Monday before the festival and his next in early July.

Bit worried with Snarky Puppy as that seems to be the end of the tour with no European dates afterwards, you wouldn't think they'd be over just for Glastonbury but I guess there is still time to add more. Was Collier on the 2020 poster? If I add everyone who is touring around the time of the festival with nothing further to back it up, the list will be enormous.

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Bit worried with Snarky Puppy as that seems to be the end of the tour with no European dates afterwards, you wouldn't think they'd be over just for Glastonbury but I guess there is still time to add more. Was Collier on the 2020 poster? If I add everyone who is touring around the time of the festival with nothing further to back it up, the list will be enormous.

When I was making the list of all the 2020 acts who are around, Snarky Puppy had a couple of dates in Italy at the end of August on Songkick but they seem to be cancelled now, with some European dates in October instead. As you say, at the moment it doesn’t seem likely that they’ll be over for Glastonbury with nothing else around it.

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Sigh. No, Jacob wasn’t on the poster. It would just make me feel positive. I broke my phone today and that was a negative. Right now I need two positives. You know, one to cancel out the negative and another one just so I can have a positive.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Exclusive apparently.

Can’t say I really understand those exclusive deals with low/mid tier acts. Either Primavera are paying through the arse for an act that’s not really going to shift a consequential number of tickets, or YYYs are sacrificing a load of money from playing other festivals. Not sure what the benefit is for either party?

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Can’t say I really understand those exclusive deals with low/mid tier acts. Either Primavera are paying through the arse for an act that’s not really going to shift a consequential number of tickets, or YYYs are sacrificing a load of money from playing other festivals. Not sure what the benefit is for either party?

I know what you mean, they would have to be paid more than they would expect to earn doing a handful of other festivals across Europe. I could see that working on a countrywide basis, but Europe wide?

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think some acts sign up to some shows before deciding if they are going to do a full tour, or anticipation an album will be out. If the months tick on and it looks like no new album they may not decide to extend it into a tour.

Prim does enjoy getting worldwide exclusives though.. just like Coachella. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I know what you mean, they would have to be paid more than they would expect to earn doing a handful of other festivals across Europe. I could see that working on a countrywide basis, but Europe wide?

Most countries other than the UK and a few others only have a few major festivals anyway so don't even need to bother with country exclusives. In the portugal threads i was told pretty much everyone who comes and plays there is an exclusive due to the lack of festivals.

European exclusives suck, one of the weirdest ones has got to be EOTR getting Vampire Weekend - out of interest does anyone know why that happened as surely they couldn't afford it under usual circumstances