The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yes. So no one knows yet.

5 days in advance for temp.

3 days for rain.

But the chat of Sunday week is Walter Mitty stuff

You're right, generally, but not always... Have a look back in this thread and see how long ago this weekend coming's heat followed by heavy rain was showing up regularly as a pattern

Nothing standout for next week / weekend though. 

If anything the pattern that's showing the strongest is mundane weather, 18-20 with a few light showers possibly in the area, possibly not. But I refuse to accept that!!! 🙈😂 

6 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

I think we can all agree the trend is deteriorating at this point 

Super relative. The big big worry it was the torrential rain over Sunday/Monday and now it's almost nothing and it totally rules out 2016 conditions (considering the extra fact that it must be one of the driest and hottest June ever). That's a possitive sign. What happens after that is still all to play for.

Edited by AlexOvd

26 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Anyone complaining about 18 degree temperatures during a dry Glastonbury needs to ‘ave a word with themselves. 

yeah its feffin perfect, easier to put a jumper/light jacket on in the eveing than be destroyed by 30 degree heat in the day 👍

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 12-29-19 Pilton England 10-Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Channel Weather.com.png

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

I think we can all agree the trend is deteriorating at this point 

The last GFS run wasn't that bad.  A bit cold but the important thing is the rainfall was a lot lower than expected.  Remember, we had over 20mm of rain forecast for a few days before the festival and that's massively reduced now.

The current ECMWF run is looking quite good so there's some cause for optimism there.

Still a week to go before the gates open.  A lot can and will change in the meantime so stay strapped in to the rollercoaster, folks

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I wouldn't say no to an extra degree or two, but I would happily take this over rain or 27+ temps.

Apart from rain on arrival day, it's fairly similar to to the latest gfs

3 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Need to look at the ensembles rather than 1 run. The operational could easily be an outlier

True... But when you're religiously checking and recording every single run without fail it's the same thing is it not? 

Also, I wish netweather allowed you to zoom in for more detail on the ensembles. 

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

Apart from rain on arrival day, it's fairly similar to to the latest gfs

True... But when you're religiously checking and recording every single run without fail it's the same thing is it not? 

Also, I wish netweather allowed you to zoom in for more detail on the ensembles. 

Try Wetterzentrale https://www.wetterzentrale.de/en/show_diagrams.php?model=gfs&var=2&lid=ENS&h=0

You can zoom in on the different runs and highlight the differences across the timeline.

here's the latest GFS ensembles for precipitation

image.thumb.png.c26514f96bf85b19cb8fcde5ad2866c1.png

and temperature (where the low temps in the operational run are on the lower side of most of the others)

image.thumb.png.f85f7868dfb22d3892033d999ed345e0.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, andymk said:

Try Wetterzentrale https://www.wetterzentrale.de/en/show_diagrams.php?model=gfs&var=2&lid=ENS&h=0

You can zoom in on the different runs and highlight the differences across the timeline.

here's the latest GFS ensembles for precipitation

image.thumb.png.c26514f96bf85b19cb8fcde5ad2866c1.png

and temperature (where the low temps in the operational run are on the lower side of most of the others)

image.thumb.png.f85f7868dfb22d3892033d999ed345e0.png

Thank you!!! That is bloody brilliant!