The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

That's for Oslo

Low blow if true, getting desperate.

16 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

It's making me laugh a lot. Cannot believe some can see negatives in the above forecast....no rain, mostly sunny and not below 18C any day. 

That's unbelievable festival weather

18C MAX, in the middle of the day. That is cold.

31 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Have you noticed the correlation between low pressure, cold temperatures and rain chance?

As is stands any rain won’t dry up so we’ll all be wearing wet clothes on wet ground. 

This is why we want the pressure high and sun warm. 

Not totally accurate. You don't need high pressure for rain to dry up 🤣 you just need it to stop raining. 

The ground could take biblical rain this weekend and still be bone dry by the Tuesday. There has been next to no rain all year.

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It's not though.

It might be cooler than you want, but it isn't cold.

I don't mean 18C is cold (although it's not warm). I mean that a day during which the MAX temp is 18C will be pretty cold for large parts / the majority.

Thurs: 14C by 21:00, Fri: 14C at 12:00, Sat: 14C at 12:00. That is objectively cold.

Edited by fightoffyour

8 minutes ago, Havors said:

Not totally accurate. You don't need high pressure for rain to dry up 🤣 you just need it to stop raining. 

The ground could take biblical rain this weekend and still be bone dry by the Tuesday. There has been next to no rain all year.

Yeah, I've just been skimming the 2016 thread - In addition to rain in the preceding weeks/months, and the big downpour the week before, it looks like there was rain of some form on the Mon, Tues, and Weds.  CURRENTLY looking like those days may be dry.  *touches wood*

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I don't mean 18C is cold (although it's not warm). I mean that a day during which the MAX temp is 18C will be pretty cold for large parts.

Will depend on the wind IMO. If it's still, it'd be good, If it gets a bit windier, I'll be fine - I understand why people wouldnt be though.

56 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Is that simply because of time, or because of the breakdown?

Decent weather coming in from the South this weekend, a couple of ok and bad fronts lurking above, they don’t know which 1 will land on us next week and how far it wi drop into England.  Sunday/Monday we should know

5 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

Yeah, I've just been skimming the 2016 thread - In addition to rain in the preceding weeks/months, and the big downpour the week before, it looks like there was rain of some form on the Mon, Tues, and Weds.  CURRENTLY looking like those days may be dry.  *touches wood*

It definitely rained on the Sunday. I can't remember the rest of if.  

27 minutes ago, Sheffield Steve said:

The UK Met Office model is coming in range now.  But the models are all struggling with the setup over the festival, so all of these forecasts should be taken with a large pinch of salt.   
The Met Office model below, as with most of the other models, has the start of the queue party completely dry, but the GFS has plenty of rain about.  We won’t have any accurate forecasts until Monday at the earliest with this kind of setup. 

F7E3B183-36CD-47E4-86BD-7BDEEDDD0925.thumb.jpeg.54074ee974bbb0caf8d6ba0a7d684efe.jpegDF64A805-D707-4A81-B453-F96B7088FB52.thumb.jpeg.6775b877313bcee5919acded20ec1371.jpeg

What is this queue party people keep talking about? Should I leave my son with the rest of the family and get right on it?