The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

5 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Accuweather wasn't even giving the correct forecast AS IT WAS HAPPENING in Manchester the other day.

Yeah I've found they update their report to what ever the met office did a couple of days earlier. So whatever the met office is saying now... in 2 days accuweather will say the same. But the met will have changed theirs by then haha 

ECM 00z run is showing some lovely high pressure for the festival weekend

ecm500.png.4433c5941942e569e555e5fa66568507.png

ecm5002.png.327b7e27eecb1614665074e884c7e1fa.png

But it is showing a biblical amount of rain in the few days before gates open... Into the reds now... Will it dry? Almost all of it falls before midday Monday on this chart, so there's a good chance.

(Remember, this is total rainfall between now and Saturday, all of it falls Sunday / Monday, with it remaining mostly dry after that.) 

1311550192_precip.240(2).png.5efcc31e021c7ce304bc6c4b6006bbf9.png

The ECM is known globally as the most reliable model, and this run is pretty consistent with other recent ECM runs, beginning to form a pattern. I think I'd take this, so I hope that reputation holds true. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

ECM 00z run is showing some lovely high pressure for the festival weekend

ecm500.png.4433c5941942e569e555e5fa66568507.png

ecm5002.png.327b7e27eecb1614665074e884c7e1fa.png

But it is showing a biblical amount of rain in the few days before gates open... Into the reds now... Will it dry? Almost all of it falls before midday Monday on this chart, so there's a good chance.

(Remember, this is total rainfall between now and Saturday, all of it falls Sunday / Monday, with it remaining mostly dry after that.) 

1311550192_precip.240(2).png.5efcc31e021c7ce304bc6c4b6006bbf9.png

The ECM is known globally as the most reliable model, and this run is pretty consistent with other recent ECM runs, beginning to form a pattern. I think I'd take this, so I hope that reputation holds true. 

25mm total before Tuesday is fine from this position. High pressure building nicely!

american-psycho-christian-bale.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

Presumably if there's a biblical amount of rain in a short period of time on very hard ground, most of it will just run off?

I don't 'know' the site like most of you guys, but I hope so... Just enough softening to help you get your tent pegs in. 🙂 

If the rain does stop by Monday lunchtime, for the most part it won't still be sat there by Wednesday morning for the arrival of the masses. I'd expect large puddles in places though. In the fields near us, it tends to puddle in the grooves cut by tractors for a few days, and as people walk through them it turns to a mushy mess. Best avoid these areas. 

Still early days though, EVERYTHING can change, but it's not looking bad. 

Can anyone explain the latest update in plain English? I've been trying to understand the colourful charts but all it's doing is making me crave Skittles.

From what I understand it's a bit of rain this weekend, mostly mild temperatures over the week but fairly dry?

4 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Can anyone explain the latest update in plain English? I've been trying to understand the colourful charts but all it's doing is making me crave Skittles.

From what I understand it's a bit of rain this weekend, mostly mild temperatures over the week but fairly dry?

SCORCHIO on the ECM charts in here.

Not so confident on the GFS, but the next GFS will start in a few minutes.

Edited by briddj

30 minutes ago, K2SO said:

basically we got a possibility of a huge downpour over the weekend pre-fest but looking like plain sailing after that. hoping for warmer temps to dry off the rain before 150k ppl turn up on the wednesday!

Edited by TiZuff