The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

6 minutes ago, glastobird said:

The BBC coverage from 1997 is on YouTube (featuring a very very muddy year). Michael Eavis appears at one point to say that they get a year like that every 12 years. So if the last one was 2016, I reckon we're safe for another few years........

Don't worry too much about the exact science ok? Trust the main man and all shall be well. 🙏🏻  

You know what happened the very next year, don't you? 😟

19 minutes ago, The Nal said:

No but I'd be fairly sure that its never been accurate. 

Also, is there anything more pointless than these GFS runs?  

Your annual weather trolling?

Edited by jparx

25 minutes ago, glastobird said:

The BBC coverage from 1997 is on YouTube (featuring a very very muddy year). Michael Eavis appears at one point to say that they get a year like that every 12 years. So if the last one was 2016, I reckon we're safe for another few years........

Don't worry too much about the exact science ok? Trust the main man and all shall be well. 🙏🏻  

I am thinking he knows exactly what the weather will be like, seeing how the cows behave and the crows fly and the colour of the poppies. He should do a special weather forecast next Monday.

4 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

😆

1997: Nothing can ever be as bad as this

1998: Hold my beer

98 was my first year. I was at the front for Lightning Seeds and Robbie Williams, the mud was half way up my thighs and I'm 6'6". That weekend nearly broke me.

I'm officially done with work now. I can't focus on anything for more than a few mins, motivation has completely disappeared and productivity is 0. The stupid thing is when I come back I'm going to have double the work to get through and double the depression. I absolutely hate these weather model run things every 6 hours but for some reason wish they would make them every 3 hours anyway. 

10 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

I'm officially done with work now. I can't focus on anything for more than a few mins, motivation has completely disappeared and productivity is 0. The stupid thing is when I come back I'm going to have double the work to get through and double the depression. I absolutely hate these weather model run things every 6 hours but for some reason wish they would make them every 3 hours anyway. 

That’s for future you to worry about… and let’s face it, fuck that guy.

Past me is a pr*ck though and screws present me over all the time, what was the guy thinking.

1 minute ago, mjfiddy said:

That’s for future you to worry about… and let’s face it, fuck that guy.

Past me is a pr*ck though and screws present me over all the time, what was the guy thinking.

Strong relate.  

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Your annual weather trolling?

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Agreed

I like Nal's weather nonsense, it's a reassuring part of the build up. I'm less keen on the low-grade shit weather tribute acts that appear to popping up. Meteorological indie landfill. Windy landfill, if you will.

50 minutes ago, PabloCoke said:

97 and 98 where my first years, made me fall in love with Glastonbury, I simply couldn't do them now. Id probably die. 

97 I didn't have the right clothes and it was bloody hard work but we kind of had a good time, like you do...98 we only lasted a couple of nights..couldn't be arsed with it.

Edited by steviewevie

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I like Nal's weather nonsense, it's a reassuring part of the build up. I'm less keen on the low-grade shit weather tribute acts that appear to popping up. Meteorological indie landfill. Windy landfill, if you will.

It's all part of the annual pantomime, but let's not say it too loud eh.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

97 I didn't have the right clothes and it was bloody hard work but we kind of had a good time, like you do...98 it we only lasted a couple of nights..couldn't be arsed with it.

Was similarly underprepared for 97 but got through it, and was great. 98 was a different league. Lasted until Saturday afternoon and the only time I’ve left early (and didn’t really want to but all my stuff was ruined).

I don’t remember 16 being anyway near as bad. I’d do 16 weather again (not my preference) but don’t think I could do 98 again. 

7 minutes ago, mickthevoice said:

Was similarly underprepared for 97 but got through it, and was great. 98 was a different league. Lasted until Saturday afternoon and the only time I’ve left early (and didn’t really want to but all my stuff was ruined).

I don’t remember 16 being anyway near as bad. I’d do 16 weather again (not my preference) but don’t think I could do 98 again. 

yeah, 97 was a write off from the start but didn't actually rain throughout festival...98 it just kept raining, hard, and the ground was soup.

Edited by steviewevie