What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

28 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Started a list - actually only written the title in notes app.

Usually ultra prepared, complete control freak - might just wing it this year 🤷‍♀️

Started my list weeks ago 😂 It’s mostly so I don’t forget to do things, like replace the tyres on the van (advised by the MOT), pickup my repeat prescription from GP, get my fancy dress all sorted etc…

6 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Started my list weeks ago 😂 It’s mostly so I don’t forget to do things, like replace the tyres on the van (advised by the MOT), pickup my repeat prescription from GP, get my fancy dress all sorted etc…

This is usually me!  A medical list, a clothes list, a list of stuff not to forget for the van... I'm hoping muscle memory is the answer this year😆 as long as I've got my ticket and decent footwear the rest will fall into place😉

*yeah I'm positive my list making will swing into action in the next 2 weeks!

Tent arrived. Only free day I have before now and glasto that I can put it up for a test run was tomorrow. Weather was showing sun all week. Of course it's now saying it's going to be pouring down all day 😐😐😐

12 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I don't think 3am is a poor effort at all... I'm worried I won't make it much past 1-2am, hence me asking. 🙈😂

I am working 8.30am shifts, which means I have my first ever proper excuse for why I will be slinking off to bed at midnight pretty much every night. I enjoy a good sleep ok! 😂

12 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

In seriousness, no harm in putting something identifying near or on your tent.  It gets mental packed in most fields and some look very samey when its dark/you're pissed/tired etc.  I spent at least 2 hours in 2010 trying to find our tent as I was absolutely fucked up.  Took me an hour to realise I was in the wrong field.  If you can, stick a unique flag up that you can see from distance and put some lights or prayer flags or similar on the tent for when you get closer. 

I shall also be using what 3 words. Had this experience, it's super disorienting and you can really start to panic. 

2 minutes ago, irnkrtn said:

I am working 8.30am shifts, which means I have my first ever proper excuse for why I will be slinking off to bed at midnight pretty much every night. I enjoy a good sleep ok! 😂

We’re going to ‘try’ and do sunrise at least once. But one of my biggest ‘dreads’ is trying to sleep in a tent during strong sunlight!!! 

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

We’re going to ‘try’ and do sunrise at least once. But one of my biggest ‘dreads’ is trying to sleep in a tent during strong sunlight!!!

My best Glastonbury sunrise, I set the alarm to get up to go and see it rather than stay up for it. It felt like I was in sync and rising with the sun rather than battling to see it then go to bed. I had a really serene morning wandering the site and watching it go to bed then wake up again. 

1 minute ago, moogster said:

Yeah wouldn't want to add to the hot issues between the UK and French border patrols...

Grrr, French border control aren't in my best books! They didn't stamp my passport coming back into the UK via the tunnel back in Jan. The French bit was totally closed, got waved straight through to the UK bit. So in April, on exiting Poland I was stopped and questioned, as it looked like I'd been in Europe longer than my allowed 3 months!!!

Obviously I had a Poland entry stamp, but as she pointed out, if I'd flown to Poland from Spain I'd still have gotten a stamp, there's no way for them to know. 

Thankfully I had proof of my exit crossing, and she made some calls, wrote some things on the computer, then said she understands as she knows it happens at the tunnel a lot, and let me go. But it was a bit of a faff, and makes me nervous about the next time I enter. 

17 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Grrr, French border control aren't in my best books! They didn't stamp my passport coming back into the UK via the tunnel back in Jan. The French bit was totally closed, got waved straight through to the UK bit. So in April, on exiting Poland I was stopped and questioned, as it looked like I'd been in Europe longer than my allowed 3 months!!!

Obviously I had a Poland entry stamp, but as she pointed out, if I'd flown to Poland from Spain I'd still have gotten a stamp, there's no way for them to know. 

Thankfully I had proof of my exit crossing, and she made some calls, wrote some things on the computer, then said she understands as she knows it happens at the tunnel a lot, and let me go. But it was a bit of a faff, and makes me nervous about the next time I enter. 

What a nightmare... Sounds so weird to get your passport stamped for this trip...

4 minutes ago, moogster said:

What a nightmare... Sounds so weird to get your passport stamped for this trip...

It's been strange since we left, not the nightmare that was forecast, but still not great. Whenever we enter an EU country we have to use the none EU lanes, which usually means one booth / border guard for the entire flight, if flying in from the UK. It also means general questioning about your trip at passport control sometimes. And yes, all of a sudden, from having just 2 sets of stamps in my passport before, now all of a sudden, I am filling multiple pages. 

Of course, soon the ETIAS launches, and we will have to pre apply and pay for the visa waiver scheme to enter the EU. But when that launches all movements will be monitored digitally rather than via the archaic stamp, so no more need for stamps, and should prevent problems like mine. (Although quite what happens if the French decide to close up for the night again, I don't know.) 

Cried while packing and heading to Melbourne airport. Glastonbury is always emotional but combining it with seeing family and friends for the first time in three years due to the pandemic and it's a little overwhelming. See you all there soon 🎉

• Like 1