Kanye West

dentalplan

5 hours ago, Haan said:

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Sad thing is he's probably always held these views, even when he was making all those tunes we all loved, he just kept quiet about. You don't just wake up one morning and think "you know what? I hate Jew and love Hitler.."

Seems that coming off his meds have removed any filter he may have had.

Yup, even in that video clip he says "it expresses your personality more". 

Lots of people have Bipolar disorder, they aren't also fascists.

I've actually had Jewish friends say today to please stop listening to and platforming him because his views are genuinely dangerous.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Sad thing is he's probably always held these views, even when he was making all those tunes we all loved, he just kept quiet about. You don't just wake up one morning and think "you know what? I hate Jew and love Hitler.."

Weirdly I was thinking the opposite, more that he was just coming out with all this as some sort of attention grab. Doesn't make it any better, though.

I don’t think he’s always had these views, but if you see the people he’s been associating with lately - Candace Owens, Nick Fuentes, Milo Yiannopoulos - then you get an idea of what kind of opinions and conversations he’s been having thrusted his way. Maybe that’s me giving him way too much credit, but I just think he’s a very mentally unwell but equally hugely egotistical guy who’s also incredibly susceptible to this kind of ridiculously controversial ‘out there’ and ‘pushing the boundary’ thinking and has surrounded himself with a bunch of scumbags who are always looking for the next grift, and what better grift than one of the most infamously famous but unstable guys in the world. That dickhead who was with him for the Alex Jones interview 100% fed Kanye all that stuff, so much so that Kanye had to keep referring back to him to make sure he was ‘getting it all right’. 

Hopefully that doesn’t come off as me sympathising with what Kanye’s doing, because it’s really deplorable… I just don’t think it’s as black and white as ‘Kanye’s a nazi now and probably always has been’. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yep I don’t like people saying it’s because of his mental illness as that creates such stigma for others with mental illness. I know a few people who are bipolar and occasionally when they have an episode they have said some slightly odd things but not stuff like this. His illness may have removed the filter but it’s not responsible for the views. I think he’s just a dickhead! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 2loor2iller said:

I don’t think he’s always had these views, but if you see the people he’s been associating with lately - Candace Owens, Nick Fuentes, Milo Yiannopoulos - then you get an idea of what kind of opinions and conversations he’s been having thrusted his way. Maybe that’s me giving him way too much credit, but I just think he’s a very mentally unwell but equally hugely egotistical guy who’s also incredibly susceptible to this kind of ridiculously controversial ‘out there’ and ‘pushing the boundary’ thinking and has surrounded himself with a bunch of scumbags who are always looking for the next grift, and what better grift than one of the most infamously famous but unstable guys in the world. That dickhead who was with him for the Alex Jones interview 100% fed Kanye all that stuff, so much so that Kanye had to keep referring back to him to make sure he was ‘getting it all right’. 

Hopefully that doesn’t come off as me sympathising with what Kanye’s doing, because it’s really deplorable… I just don’t think it’s as black and white as ‘Kanye’s a nazi now and probably always has been’. 

I agree with this. 

also completely condone all this shite he’s saying. 

On 12/2/2022 at 3:36 PM, Hugh Jass II said:

Throughout history balaclavas don't tend to be worn by people who are in the right...

My granny knitted me a very itchy balaclava and made me wear it to school when I was wee. Nazi.

It’s the the knitters and grannies that are to blame here. I was only following orders.

Absolutely gutting that he turned out like this. When Through The Wire dropped it blew me away. I know it's cliche, but it was just 'real' he went through that terrible accident, and rapped about it, the pain, and the hope, was real, and it shone through. His first 2 albums were incredible, and his music has been a big part of my life, of many of our lives, for so long. It just really is sad to see. 

The things he's doing and saying now are so far removed from the message behind songs like Jesus Walks, I refuse to believe this has always been the way he is, something is not right. 

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Absolutely gutting that he turned out like this. When Through The Wire dropped it blew me away. I know it's cliche, but it was just 'real' he went through that terrible accident, and rapped about it, the pain, and the hope, was real, and it shone through. His first 2 albums were incredible, and his music has been a big part of my life, of many of our lives, for so long. It just really is sad to see. 

The things he's doing and saying now are so far removed from the message behind songs like Jesus Walks, I refuse to believe this has always been the way he is, something is not right. 

Great post. It’s mental health...... and it’s a bastard.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VCK said:

It says a lot about how far gone you are when Alex Jones of all people comes across as a voice of reason and sanity.

Him trying to quickly change the narrative and give Kanye and out only for Kanye to be like ‘nah I like Hitler’ was pretty hilarious. 

Thing is, a lot of these right wing people Kanye is doing the rounds with believe all this stuff too to an extent - they just know better than to blurt it out like Kanye has been doing. 

17 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Trough the Wire is absolute genius, up there with the best, as are his first two albums. I'm with on this - also gutted.