Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Just now, yaniv297 said:

Sleep Well Beast is absolutely solid, but it was unreleased at the time so even their fans didn't know those songs.

I'm not keen on it (love the four before), but yeah even if I was hearing a load of songs you don't know for the first time is never going to have the best vibe – especially at a festival.

The National are a much better “see at their own gig” band vs being a festival act. They’ve been great on their own terms - seen them a few times - but that Glasto show was not good. I imagine (obvs I’m a fan so don’t know) if you came in fresh to a National show, a lot of their stuff would sound the same / quite dour.

I’m hoping primavera will be different though, as surely the overlap of fans is a lot higher than Glasto before Foo Fighters. 

Looks like 100 Gecs are probably out. PS not listed on their list of shows on their website and they are in the US either side of what would have been their gigs. Not confirmed though.

Suspect there are a few other cancellations since the last announcement mid-December and we just haven't been told about them yet.

On other hand, will be new names!

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Looks like 100 Gecs are probably out. PS not listed on their list of shows on their website and they are in the US either side of what would have been their gigs. Not confirmed though.

Suspect there are a few other cancellations since the last announcement mid-December and we just haven't been told about them yet.

ffs, another one gone 😞

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

In fairness they never put Prima on their site in the first place, so it's not been taken down, just badly managed 🤣

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

They are still on the site for me: https://www.primaverasound.com/en/primavera-sound-202x2-barcelona/100-gecs

Edit: Sorry, I misunderstood lol

Edited by Martin_89

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

In fairness they never put Prima on their site in the first place, so it's not been taken down, just badly managed 🤣

On their own site.

In which case maybe they are still playing (though instinct says they’re unlikely to fly over solely for primavera).

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

On their own site.

In which case maybe they are still playing (though instinct says they’re unlikely to fly over solely for primavera).

It's actually 3 concerts over 2 Primaveras, so I wouldn't write them off yet.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

On their own site.

Sure, but the Prima dates never went on their site in the first place. They've only Tweeted once this year, I just think they're quiet online, nobody's buying a Primavera ticket for 100 Gecs so no real need to advertise 

17 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Sorry if it has been posted in here already but does anyone know why DICE has got return tickets for waiting list as unavailable for this event? Me and my mates can't make it anymore so need to get rid of our tickets that's all.

Do you have refund protection? I got a Weekend 1 + Refund Protection resale through Dice and I can return it to the queue until June 2nd apparently 

34 minutes ago, xxialac said:

On their own site.

26 minutes ago, pipan said:

And it's not just Primavera, they're also doing Rock am Ring/Rock im Park in Germany.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, pipan said:

I think Alex G came over in 2018 just to do PS. Sometimes its worthwhile for artists and unlike corporate fests PS is known to go to lenghts to accomodate artists. 

100 Gecs need little to no gear, it'd really be no problem for them to make this work.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Newjem said:

And it's not just Primavera, they're also doing Rock am Ring/Rock im Park in Germany.

Ah, great, didnt realise that. 

Must increase the chances a lot then.

Though still a bit weird that they’ll be flying to barcelona, then out, then back to barcelona again.

18 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Ah, great, didnt realise that. 

Must increase the chances a lot then.

Though still a bit weird that they’ll be flying to barcelona, then out, then back to barcelona again.

2 hour plane followed by a 5 day break isn't very farfetched 😅 they're a small niche act, not really prima donnas 

10 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Yup I got refund protection. I got mine back in 2020 so I don't know if that's got anything to do with it. I'll email DICE and see what's up.

Screenshot_20220411-133828_DICE.jpg

Would like to help you cuz I have both Weekend 1 and Weekend 2 tickets separetly.

Weekend 1 I can't put on waiting list cuz I've bought it from waiting list, I can just send it to a friend like you.

Weekend 2 I  can put back on waiting list.

And yeah, I'm doing both weekends with separated tickets and I think it'll be a shit for city concerts.

Edited by Festcrazy

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

I think Alex G came over in 2018 just to do PS. Sometimes its worthwhile for artists and unlike corporate fests PS is known to go to lenghts to accomodate artists. 

100 Gecs need little to no gear, it'd really be no problem for them to make this work.

Primavera is a huge deal for indie acts, it's almost unique in the festival world. I've seen indie bands get amazing time slots and receptions at Primavera that they won't get elsewhere. I can definitely see indie acts flying specifically to play it, especially 2 weekends. Pavement are already doing it, for example.

Edited by yaniv297

5 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Primavera is a huge deal for indie acts, it's almost unique in the festival world. I've seen indie bands get amazing time slots and receptions at Primavera that they won't get elsewhere. I can definitely see indie acts flying specifically to play it, especially 2 weekends. Pavement are already doing it, for example.

Pavement will be on a big fee.

100 Gecs on the other hand will surely lose money on those four shows - and they aren't making much money in the first place. That's why I was sceptical (plus the gigs not being listed on their tour on their website) but certainly could be wrong.

1 hour ago, KGeedora said:

100 Gecs and Japanese Breakfast both confuse the hell out of me. Both groups have tour dates on their websites for Europe that are way after June. JB has Porto Prima on the official website but not Barça. I really don't understand it at all.

Keep in mind that these dates are often not hand-added by the bands or their management but auto-generated through songkick etc. plug-ins. Shows "go missing" there all the time. Websites have lost importance so keeping them up to date rarely is an artsists priority

• Upvote 1

Hi! I have a VIP Ticket for Weekend 1+2 but I can't attend Weekend 2 anymore. I asked Primavera to put Weekend 2 on the waiting list but they said the Ticket can't be split.... Is anybody with a VIP-Weekend 1 Ticket looking for a VIP-Weekend 1+2 Ticket? Then we could do this with send to a friend on the DICE App... 

On 4/8/2022 at 3:01 PM, Ohjesus said:

i believe it's all good now - the NHS app code is now accepted (provided you show the "for travel" QR code, not "domestic")

the spain site asks you to send your NHS code solely to check, but i did this yesterday and it will be accepted, the website assured me.

also - the forms are no longer needed - they ended this week.

Just to put this to bed ... I'm just back from Spain, EU or NHS Travel Cert were all that were required. Quick scan & through you go. 

Not sure what is accepted for visitors from NonEU/UK countries.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2