Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

last I remember it was 4€ (?) for 0,35l so neither cheap nor expensive. However if its Heineken still, any price is too high and I'll go for Tonic + smuggled-in Gin 

Is it easy to smuggle spirits into the festival? Are the security checks very thorough?

13 minutes ago, mln said:

Is it easy to smuggle spirits into the festival? Are the security checks very thorough?

you are allowed to bring a 0,33l bottle of water without the lid. Lid goes in the shoe/Bra/whatever and you are good to bring any clear spirit. In five years that always did the trick. One Guard smelled my bottle of Gin, winked and let me in either way. 

Was a very cheap way to get wasted, especially when softs where 2,50 at the bars. I'll cut down on the alcohol this time though.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TiltedBrain said:

Right, mainly the under card I'm not too familiar with

Undercard: Turnstile, Dinosaur Jr, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Parquet Courts, Idles, Little Simz, Earl Sweatshirt, DJ Shadow

Under-undercard: Wet Leg, Weyes Blood, Shellac, Black Country New Road, Rapsody, Squarepusher, Rina Sawayama, Lightning Bolt

That's mostly rock, some hip hop, little electronic 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Undercard: Turnstile, Dinosaur Jr, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Parquet Courts, Idles, Little Simz, Earl Sweatshirt, DJ Shadow

Under-undercard: Wet Leg, Weyes Blood, Shellac, Black Country New Road, Rapsody, Squarepusher, Rina Sawayama, Lightning Bolt

That's mostly rock, some hip hop, little electronic 

From the international side of the line-up I would recommend also girl in red and Georgia. And there are also quite a lot of local artists I'm really keen to see, like Guineu, Manel, Die Katapult, Carolina Durante or Cariňo.  

On 4/11/2022 at 2:50 PM, Festcrazy said:

Would like to help you cuz I have both Weekend 1 and Weekend 2 tickets separetly.

Weekend 1 I can't put on waiting list cuz I've bought it from waiting list, I can just send it to a friend like you.

Weekend 2 I  can put back on waiting list.

And yeah, I'm doing both weekends with separated tickets and I think it'll be a shit for city concerts.

You don't have VIP-Tickets, do you? If you had you could have my both Weekends-Tickets and I would take your Weekend1 and you could put your Weekend 2 on the waiting list... 

21 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Arcade Fire playing a festival this summer now… replacing another headliner…

(…in Canada but still)

Still probably too big to replace MA, them replacing Foo Fighters feels more like a "substitute" if that makes sense. I'd certainly be happy though! 

It's also likely one other headliner will drop out based on previous years and Jamie XX won't cut it if so.

So I don't think it's far fetched that Arcade Fire are brought in if they are doing festivals again. Of course Mad Cool might also want them to replace QOTSA and Faith No More...

1 hour ago, Homer said:

What bands have dropped out please? Just Google Newsed Primavera Barcelona but didn't get any info. Ta!

Massive Attack, Brockhampton, C. Tangana, OM, Connan Mockasin, Beabadoobee, Napalm Death, Fatima Yamaha, Kano

Undercard I’m looking forward to:

Squid (post punk)

Black Country, New Road (depending on their new sound)

Jockstrap (warp)

DJ Harvey (DJ set)

Romy (pop/electronic)

Fred Again (electronic)

Weyes Blood (chamber pop)

The Murder Capital (post punk)

Working Men’s Club (post punk/electronic)

Cassandra Jenkins (singer songwriter)

Sinead O’Brien (talky post punk) 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Float said:

Massive Attack, Brockhampton, C. Tangana, OM, Connan Mockasin, Beabadoobee, Napalm Death, Fatima Yamaha, Kano

Cheers, not much to upset me there. Grew up with Massive Attack - but they bored me to tears last time I saw them at a festival (Glasto).

Why would arcade fire play at primavera and not at the other big eu festivals like rosklide? it seems all too improvised. 

Tough, the timing of their album release would be perfect for a couple of one-off preview shows and they have been ps headliners how many times? 3,4? A man can dream 

7 hours ago, xxialac said:

So…Razzmatazz is booked every Wednesday in the run up to PS…except for Wednesday 1st June.

Wonder if Arcade Fire might play there to launch the festival or to preview their headline show next year.

I don’t get to Barcelona until late in the evening because it’s literally the only flight available for me and I’d be so gutted to hear that I missed a small Arcade Fire show because of that. Seems like something they’d do though - they seem to be loving these small secret shows at the moment so I’m kind of expecting them to just pop up everywhere.

10 hours ago, xxialac said:

So…Razzmatazz is booked every Wednesday in the run up to PS…except for Wednesday 1st June.

Wonder if Arcade Fire might play there to launch the festival or to preview their headline show next year.

A few of us were discussing that on the Glastonbury forum when there were rumours of Arcade Fire doing a European tour in May/June. It definitely feels like something they’d do and it would be a nice way to kick off the festival with the usual opening Wednesday not being on this year.