Jump to content

Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...


Chrisp1986
 Share

Recommended Posts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah once the delay is officially announced you'd expect most to cancel. 

Edited by efcfanwirral
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah even a rumoured review 2 weeks into a 4 week delay isn't going to work is it? 

WOMAD could be the week of the restrictions lifting, surely there's no way it goes ahead if they only know one week before if it can happen. 

Similar for something like Wilderness, if you assume the government still give a weeks notice of opening they'd have about 3 1/2 weeks knowing it's on.

Are there any festivals that could take the financial hit of a cancellation the week that gates open? 

Edited by Leyrulion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Surely they won’t cancel before the Download pilot has taken place?

I believe they will. The pilot event was arranged before this new expected information and enough si that really this inflation although connected in a way, won't make much difference.

4 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Yeah even a rumoured review 2 weeks into a 4 week delay isn't going to work is it? 

WOMAD could be the week of the restrictions lifting, surely there's no way it goes ahead if they only know one week before if it can happen. 

Similar for something like Wilderness, if you assume the government still give a weeks notice of opening they'd have about 3 1/2 weeks knowing it's on.

Are there any festivals that could take the financial hit of a cancellation the week that gates open? 

Exactly. Festivals will still be pushing on hoping that the week before July 19th it doesn't get delayed any longer but they won't know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I think Reading is gone as if Monday night.

I disagree, Melvin Benn won’t cancel his festivals likely especially when the evidence to suggest safety at gigs/festivals is good so far besides he’d know that the results would take 3 weeks or so to analyse from the Download pilot so wouldn’t have been expecting those until mid July anyway. I think FR have the financial backing to wait a bit longer and with them being directly involved with the government their festivals have the biggest chance of surviving. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

 

Yeah gutted about this as well, had tickets and have been meaning to go for years.

2022 summer should be lit as fuck though.....

Keep hold of those tickets @MrBarry465

Noisily is always lit as fuck but I needed that energy and positivity this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One tiny positive is that this proves the decision by Glastonbury festival to delay was absolutely the right one. There might have been a small thought of 'what if' had step 4 gone ahead. Still absolutely gutting to the industry though, I really hope they can survive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Latitude are going to assess the situation, I'm hoping they'll go ahead as I have a ticket! 

Don't have tickets for latitude, but very curious what happens with it. Melvin seemed like the guy with the most money & most connections who was determined his festivals would go ahead.

 

If he starts cancelling I'll be surprised if anyone else can pull it off

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...