LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

I'm still convinced it'll be one headliner this week (McCartney), full poster next, probably same time next week. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the poster had the final headliner TBC. Of course I still think it'll be Kendrick, but whether he or they are ready to announce at that time is another story

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm still convinced it'll be one headliner this week (McCartney), full poster next, probably same time next week. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the poster had the final headliner TBC. Of course I still think it'll be Kendrick, but whether he or they are ready to announce at that time is another story

It’s what Emily has told us …. Despite people speculating different … 

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Guessing the wordle was a scheduled tweet & after today's news, the festival decided not to announce

Yeah I did wonder that - Glastonbury are very socially conscious.

Really though, is the news cycle going to be any better tomorrow? Or Monday? Likely it'll be worse. It may even be going on still come June.

When is acceptable? 

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Really though, is the news cycle going to be any better tomorrow? Or Monday? Likely it'll be worse. It may even be going on still come June.

When is acceptable? 

I was just thinking the same.

I don’t think the situation will have changed for the better between now and June unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

When is acceptable? 

Aye, this situation is going to get worse before it gets better. The cat’s out of the bag now, announce it now and then take stock on what else to announce moving forward.

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Guessing the wordle was a scheduled tweet & after today's news, the festival decided not to announce

There's a chance they could frame the Macca announcement with the hope for peace? It's a theme they've been running recently on their Instagram account. The situation isn't going to be resolved any time soon, so when is a sensitive time to make any announcements? 

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

When is acceptable? 

Whilst I 100% agree, overnight was the initial invasion. Probably best not to do it at the same time people are taking the news in.

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I was just thinking the same.

I don’t think the situation will have changed for the better between now and June unfortunately.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Aye, this situation is going to get worse before it gets better. The cat’s out of the bag now, announce it now and then take stock on what else to announce moving forward.

Yeah get it out there today and just see what happens going forward. Delaying for this reason would back them into a corner 

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Then why did Roskilde announce? They had plenty of time to delay out of respect for whats going on. The wheels are going to keep turning. Anything short of a nuclear attack or Boris/Biden/Putin being killed right now isnt going to delay much of anything.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Could that have been Little Simz though?

Thought she decided to announce Simz on the way there. And the interview was a fair bit of time after the tweet, two weeks I think?

Edited by Miyn