Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

7 hours ago, Col!n said:

I've just done the same thing as I can now see I've missed that has been mentioned already over the last page or two - apologies.

On the subject of Sigrid, also had info of her playing John Peel tent - not headlining or subbing so presumably third down. Seems like a crazy drop from her 2019 billing, but if it turns out to be accurate then it does seem like she is actually seeking lower/modest slots, which could be for a number of reasons.

Where's all this info coming from??

9 hours ago, angelin said:

Surely Jarv Is will headline the Park?

Don’t reckon so. He seemed unlikely to be headlining it in 2020 when we had London Grammar, Manics, Caribou and Laura Marling down for Park, and Damon Albarn’s project (The Good, The Bad and The Queen) only played 3rd down the Park in 2019.

14 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

image.thumb.png.0a2b32c8977984281bd3997613b6eb98.png

image.thumb.png.2121cf84eb2386d46b30ab6cca56e264.png

S

I'll take this:

Mondays > Wet Legs > Yard Act > mooch around > Avalanches > Simz

Idles > Skunk > Anansie > Dry Cleaning > Confidence Man > Noel > Macca

Rolling Blackouts > Cassetboy/DJ Rubbish (they're always early Sunday afternoon in the Glade) > Diana > Elbow > Lorde > Kendrick

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I'll take this:

Mondays > Wet Legs > Yard Act > mooch around > Avalanches > Simz

Idles > Skunk > Anansie > Dry Cleaning > Confidence Man > Noel > Macca

Rolling Blackouts > Cassetboy/DJ Rubbish (they're always early Sunday afternoon in the Glade) > Diana > Elbow > Lorde > Kendrick

That 1 2 of Skunk followed by Anansie would be special 

So if Sigrid is on JP that ruins my thought that Griff’s “see you on the main stage” could’ve been referring to guesting with her.

With the info about Griff and Easy Life being on the Pyramid and Koffee being on a mainstream stage, I wonder if they may have done something like going back to 8 acts on the Pyramid and having a new act early on each day.

Say, your weird novelty opener > Griff/Easy Life/Koffee > your normal Pyramid run.

1 hour ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

So if Sigrid is on JP that ruins my thought that Griff’s “see you on the main stage” could’ve been referring to guesting with her.

With the info about Griff and Easy Life being on the Pyramid and Koffee being on a mainstream stage, I wonder if they may have done something like going back to 8 acts on the Pyramid and having a new act early on each day.

Say, your weird novelty opener > Griff/Easy Life/Koffee > your normal Pyramid run.

It does feel like the pyramid is a bit lighter now. There will be stuff to come (albeit there is now plenty of room for some early pyramid stuff like a local choir).

Just now, Matt42 said:

It does feel like the pyramid is a bit lighter now. There will be stuff to come (albeit there is now plenty of room for some early pyramid stuff like a local choir).

There’s always random shite on the bottom half of the Pyramid that you wouldn’t expect on the first poster tbf. Your random old blokes like Jools Holland and freaks like Tom Odell.

4 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

There’s always random shite on the bottom half of the Pyramid that you wouldn’t expect on the first poster tbf. Your random old blokes like Jools Holland and freaks like Tom Odell.

Good point actually - who is the David Attenborough, Jeremy Corbyn, The DL etc this year? Surely Greta is a good option but I don’t know if anyone has been rumoured. 

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Good point actually - who is the David Attenborough, Jeremy Corbyn, The DL etc this year? Surely Greta is a good option but I don’t know if anyone has been rumoured. 

I feel greta would have been great in 2020 but in 2022 not so much. Not sure who else would be a good shout though

11 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Cal the Dragon 

1 more ticket in the pot if he's announced

I'm not a huge fan of the special guest speaker on the Pyramid kind of slot. It doesn't do anything for me at all. David Attenborough just felt like he was promoting his new show. I'm not sure how controversial of an opinion this is.

8 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I'm not a huge fan of the special guest speaker on the Pyramid kind of slot. It doesn't do anything for me at all. David Attenborough just felt like he was promoting his new show. I'm not sure how controversial of an opinion this is.

I agree, I was expecting something a lot more inspirational than "the planet is in trouble, watch my new show on BBC1"

59 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Feel exactly the same, I was really looking forward to it but it seemed pretty pointless tbh. 

17 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Shame if Sigrid's gone from 3rd down other to 3rd down JP. Did anyone else watch her 2019 Other set and spend the whole time thinking "she'll play Pyramid next year and smash it out the park"?

I thought she was a bit dull but it was very early afternoon