I am going to .............. festival instead.

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm trying to decide between Shambala and Lost Village. Both small capacity, both late august, but they clash. 

Any tips?

Well, you're doing Boomtown, Green Man, End of the Road and Primavera Sound the two weekends before and after by the looks of it. So probably just chill and recover if you're not 100% on either.

Assuming they go ahead and they allow visitors from Plague Island it'll be Pukkelpop and Primavera Sound (fully expecting this to be moved) with a family holiday to Gran Canaria sandwiched in between.

I'd expect I'll have to be vaccinated for at least one of the 3 trips.

Edited by DDave

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well, you're doing Boomtown, Green Man, End of the Road and Primavera Sound the two weekends before and after by the looks of it. So probably just chill and recover if you're not 100% on either.

Yeah but i'm not confident about all of them, and I'm close to giving up on Primavera; too much hassle with flights and accommodation and all that.  Plus I need to make up for lost time 😅

23 hours ago, Zacko said:

Primavera or Sonar are options as I've got a flight to Barcelona to use, but looks like they either won't go ahead or will move to September (has anybody heard a potential September date for either btw?). Lost Village, Boomtown, or Sziget have all also been mention, but again - no idea if they'll happen.

I've got a Love Saves the Day ticket as it our groups annual fest, and that's moved to September and downsized. I'm probably most confident of this one going ahead, but it still seems potentially unlikely.  

8-12 Sep for PS is rumoured

24 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm trying to decide between Shambala and Lost Village. Both small capacity, both late august, but they clash. 

Any tips?

We went to LV in 2018 and really enjoyed it. 

It’s a scaled down version of parts of the SE corner, in so much as the stages are all visually appealing. Set in a forest too, which is cool. 

Food was the best we’d had at a festival. 

Quite a young crowd, but had a really friendly vibe. 

Only downside was that it isn’t musically diverse towards the latter parts of the night, every stage playing techno. 

We’re considering going again this year. 

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Any tips?

Can only comment on Lost Village from personal experience, but IMO its one of the better festivals in the UK. Relatively small site allowing you to bop (literally to the music) between the stages in no time, and even your tent if you've landed a half decent spot. 

Im not known for my electronic music knowledge or taste, but with only 4 (possibly 5?) stages, it doesn't take you long to realise which is your groove (Junkyard for anything Disco). Admittedly, the lineup for last year seen the addition of a few more bands, which seems to be the direction they're going in. 

Food choices are decent, crowd and security both extremely friendly, and there just seems to be an end of summer final  blowout vibe about the place. Theres yoga, meditation, on-site restaurant and hot tubs as well if you're after something more than just the music, but from personal experience its near impossible to leave dancing on cars and airplanes to do any of this. 

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Got three festivals lined up but if all get cancelled I’d be tempted to use my two years worth of festival money on a foreign festival later in the year.

Any recommendations of festivals abroad in Sept or October?

Not being a killjoy, but surely theres more chance of attending a festival within the UK than overseas? Not only are we relying on a much improved rollout from the EU but also the added complexity around quarantine and negative test requirements to enter certain countries? 

Saying that ive got my eye on a few. Ion and Kala in Albania. Kala is still scheduled for June but the likelihood is it'll rearrange to September like it did in 2020. Also keeping an eye on Dimensions and Love International in Croatia, but they're in July so don't have much hope at all.

Similarly, if theres any other suggestions for Sept onwards, hit me up! 

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Might fuck around and check out that mad mental one in Giffnock with Chic, Underworld and Kraftwerk.

And mibbe Guns'n'Roses in Bellahouston Park...

The Kraftwerk day for that festival is the only other UK festival I have booked for this summer. Even with the small capacity I suspect that weekend might be a bit too soon, they tried to move to September last year but I suspect getting Kraftwerk to rearrange their plans might be a bit of an issue. 

Surprised at the number of people jetting to foreign festivals this year, when all indiciations are that the government is going to make international travel extremely difficult. It's likely you will need to quarantine on return at a hotel or via electronic tagging at home. Think this will be in place by April personally.

15 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Surprised at the number of people jetting to foreign festivals this year, when all indiciations are that the government is going to make international travel extremely difficult. It's likely you will need to quarantine on return at a hotel or via electronic tagging at home. Think this will be in place by April personally.

A lot will have carried over tickets from last year. We've still got the money tied up in the ticket but not got flights yet and accommodation is on free cancellation. 

Just now, MrBarry465 said:

It's likely you will need to quarantine on return at a hotel or via electronic tagging at home. 

Can't see them doing this, for starters people can't afford to be quarantined at a hotel when they return (I certainly can't).

And tagging? How are they going to implement and monitor that?

18 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Can't see them doing this, for starters people can't afford to be quarantined at a hotel when they return (I certainly can't).

I can't see the tagging happening and not sure if they'll do the hotel thing, but other countries have done it and made people pay for it. I guess the idea is that if you can't afford to do that you won't go. 

I would think the issue would be more with European countries requiring us to quarantine on arrival? Or is that not happening?

3 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Not being a killjoy, but surely theres more chance of attending a festival within the UK than overseas? Not only are we relying on a much improved rollout from the EU but also the added complexity around quarantine and negative test requirements to enter certain countries? 

Saying that ive got my eye on a few. Ion and Kala in Albania. Kala is still scheduled for June but the likelihood is it'll rearrange to September like it did in 2020. Also keeping an eye on Dimensions and Love International in Croatia, but they're in July so don't have much hope at all.

Similarly, if theres any other suggestions for Sept onwards, hit me up! 

It was more the possibility of things easing by Sept/October when there is no UK festivals as opposed to June/July,rather than me thinking that abroad would be safer.

For example, Riotfest in Chicago in September has a better chance than Download in June.

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

It was more the possibility of things easing by Sept/October when there is no UK festivals as opposed to June/July,rather than me thinking that abroad would be safer.

For example, Riotfest in Chicago in September has a better chance than Download in June.

Got ya. 

Yeah i always imagined there would be a few more UK festivals in September than there is. 

Im holding out for a postponement to Kala festival to mid September as i personally don't think it'll go ahead in June, mainly due to the majority of punters being from the UK.

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

That's kind of the point mate, they don't want large numbers people travelling in and out of the country this year  - hence if you cannot afford it you don't go.

Electronic tagging and other at home quarantine technology has been successfully implemented in multiple countries. You would just follow that same model.

40 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

That's kind of the point mate, they don't want large numbers people travelling in and out of the country this year  - hence if you cannot afford it you don't go.

Electronic tagging and other at home quarantine technology has been successfully implemented in multiple countries. You would just follow that same model.

Am already away and have been since September. Due to come back before end of March, won't be paying to quarantine for sure and lots of people who go away for winter won't either. Already got issues with their quarantine system as don't have an address to quarantine at either lol.

What technology is it? Is it mobile phone related or an actual tag?

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I can't see the tagging happening and not sure if they'll do the hotel thing, but other countries have done it and made people pay for it. I guess the idea is that if you can't afford to do that you won't go. 

I would think the issue would be more with European countries requiring us to quarantine on arrival? Or is that not happening?

But then they can't expect people to do that when they are already away surely?

Nope no quarantine here in Portugual, just not allowed to travel here from UK full stop unless a resident/citizen here.

5 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Am already away and have been since September. Due to come back before end of March, won't be paying to quarantine for sure and lots of people who go away for winter won't either. Already got issues with their quarantine system as don't have an address to quarantine at either lol.

What technology is it? Is it mobile phone related or an actual tag?

i wouldn't bank on it just yet, for NZ returnee's you have to book and pay for a voucher for a quaranteen hotel and show this to the airline before you are allowed on the plane to return home. if that's what they decide to do for the UK then it will come in. doubt they will go that far though.