2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

All the coolest kids were.

I was there 04 to 08. J remember it closed in maybe 06 though? Tried rebounding it and everyone stopped going. Think it was around time they turned Academy into a more premium venue when they made the separate bar at back.

7 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

I was there 04 to 08. J remember it closed in maybe 06 though? Tried rebounding it and everyone stopped going. Think it was around time they turned Academy into a more premium venue when they made the separate bar at back.

My uni days were 00-03. Stayed in Manchester for years afterwards but didn’t bother with the student nights anymore.

The Academy was never quite as good after they refurbed it.

13 hours ago, BFisherr said:

If the ship has sailed with the 1975 then surely there's only one band for the job. They're even preparing some bangers for it...

https://www.nme.com/news/music/foals-talk-maximum-party-comeback-shows-and-wild-new-material-3017680

Good luck to the lads at their bangers attempt.  You can't say that they don't at least try.

18 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Pretty big meaning he is also an arena filling artist in his own right? He has multiple hits and a top selling album big? And I really doubt it. Like I said, this is just gonna be a normal show for them and thats it. They also gotta get back to London for the next night. No time to go walk around.

Actually quite a shame, I always love it when you see the headliners getting properly stuck in for the entire weekend.

56 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Being bounded round as a source but I’m not sure if it’s just an opinion.  Consensus is that Taylor won’t tour until the re-recordings are done.

8163467E-2450-4360-A1DF-AAC8782005CD.jpeg

Just seems like an opinion? No chance IMO that she doesn't play any shows until the re-recordings are done. Could take years, and I still don't think she's going to release them ALL before TS10. She might wait to do a full scale world tour until TS10, but I really don't see Taylor Swift avoiding shows for potentially 4-5 years.

Edit: dunno man, that user seems to be the same Taylor stan as everyone else over on that sub. Doesn't seem as though they're an insider at all. The Swifties on reddit seem to think she's going to rattle through these re-recordings in 12-18 months or so...1989 not dropping in the summer was the nail in that coffin for me. It's going to take years to get these all finished. She's clearly not going to hold off touring until 2024/5

Edited by jparx

52 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just seems like an opinion? No chance IMO that she doesn't play any shows until the re-recordings are done. Could take years, and I still don't think she's going to release them ALL before TS10. She might wait to do a full scale world tour until TS10, but I really don't see Taylor Swift avoiding shows for potentially 4-5 years.

Edit: dunno man, that user seems to be the same Taylor stan as everyone else over on that sub. Doesn't seem as though they're an insider at all. The Swifties on reddit seem to think she's going to rattle through these re-recordings in 12-18 months or so...1989 not dropping in the summer was the nail in that coffin for me. It's going to take years to get these all finished. She's clearly not going to hold off touring until 2024/5

Very true and I agree with you - I’m just getting a bit concerned with her silence. My guess tho is that she’s just doing the typical Taylor thing of sitting and waiting to pounce.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Very true and I agree with you - I’m just getting a bit concerned with her silence. My guess tho is that she’s just doing the typical Taylor thing of sitting and waiting to pounce.

Patience my friend! To be honest, as much I want Glastonbury 2022 to happen with all my being, I just want to see her in any capacity next year. If there's no massive tour, some smaller shows to debut Folkmore material live would be fantastic. Retaining hope of some stadium shows and Glastonbury next June though.

On 8/11/2021 at 10:56 PM, Haan said:

Just catching up on this and I must say I will be devastated if Kendrick doesn't headline but happy for fans of Billie. I really liked her first album (still need to listen to her new one) but Kendrick is one of my all time fav artists haha.

Gutted too but I think he’ll be back at some point. Still needs to release a bloody album.

Thought this sounded interesting 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/least-three-more-stadium-concerts-5784645.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Could be one to keep an eye on. We had that rumour that Taylor is playing Stadium of Light, so maybe we’ll see bigger acts playing more of these EFL grounds. If there’s a good 3 or so more acts to be announced for Ashton Gate, that could put some names in contention for Glastonbury who aren’t currently on the scene next summer. Easy show to tack on before/after a headline slot on the Farm. Macca perhaps? Or even Taylor, if that Sunderland rumour is accurate?

27 minutes ago, jparx said:

Thought this sounded interesting 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/least-three-more-stadium-concerts-5784645.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Could be one to keep an eye on. We had that rumour that Taylor is playing Stadium of Light, so maybe we’ll see bigger acts playing more of these EFL grounds. If there’s a good 3 or so more acts to be announced for Ashton Gate, that could put some names in contention for Glastonbury who aren’t currently on the scene next summer. Easy show to tack on before/after a headline slot on the Farm. Macca perhaps? Or even Taylor, if that Sunderland rumour is accurate?

“Beyonce, for example, had been due to tour the UK this summer, but scrapped plans because of the third wave of the covid pandemic.”

This is interesting… not glasto related but maybe a slight slip that new bey is coming soon