2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I wouldn’t say she’s unlikely at this stage. There’s little to rule her in or out at the moment.

She barely toured NFR before having to cancel dates and has Chemtrails out now too. Would be surprised if she wasn’t touring next year.

Thanks Hugh. Forgot all about the previous being cancelled due to illness.

Here's hoping she'll be at G2022.

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

She generally seems less and less bothered about touring nowadays and my gut feeling is that she won't be that interested in doing the 2022 circuit either. I wouldn't be surprised if she publicly retired from touring altogether at some point in the next few years and just stuck to being an album artist, which she does extremely well from without needing live income.

Good point. Would be a shame though. Could definitely picture her doing more infrequent, 'exclusive', intimate (and subsequently feckin' expensive) shows going forward.

22 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

If this is true, I think it's awesome that Nick Cave is big enough in Germany that he can headline an event that Paul McCarthy is also headlining 

* Belgium. 😉 

But yeah, he's pretty huge here. In Belgium. (I can even see Cave filling the place quicker than Macca tbh.) I'm very happy because this will give him a big 2.30h timeslot in the darkness. Going to be epic. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah as others have said, with Lana all it takes is one European booking and she’s back in the game, but I’ve learnt not to hang all my hopes on her. She’s not got a great track record with rescheduling dates and I can see her being hesitant to sign up to anything in 2022. 

Then again she does talk highly of Glastonbury so it can’t be ruled out totally.

So I asked lord Ken in the RW thread if he’d heard anything about Taylor Swift or Kendrick Lamar being on the June 2022 circuit 

“No idea, originally, Taylor planned to be back in 2022. But maybe this is also delayed. And Kendrick has his own agenda, and this changes 1000 times a year :-).”

What I think he means is Taylor didn’t plan to be back in 2021 but planned to be back in 2022.

@jparx

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Uh oh. First indication Kendrick May do his touring before the summer. 

Not sure how relevant that is in terms of Europe.

I know HAIM are intending to try it, but with all the travel restrictions and potential for issues I can't see many US based artists planning to visit Europe this side of Easter.

Just now, incident said:

Not sure how relevant that is in terms of Europe.

I know HAIM are intending to try it, but with all the travel restrictions and potential for issues I can't see many US based artists planning to visit Europe this side of Easter.

Tbh it means nothing. I don’t think this changes his circumstances at all. Good to see he’s eager to perform again.

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So I asked lord Ken in the RW thread if he’d heard anything about Taylor Swift or Kendrick Lamar being on the June 2022 circuit 

“No idea, originally, Taylor planned to be back in 2022. But maybe this is also delayed. And Kendrick has his own agenda, and this changes 1000 times a year :-).”

What I think he means is Taylor didn’t plan to be back in 2021 but planned to be back in 2022.

@jparx

I think Ken said ages ago (last May?!) that Taylor was planning to do Mad Cool, Nos, Wercther etc in 2022 and skip 2021 due to the uncertainty. Sounds like he's probably had no new info since this time last year.

The wait goes on!

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Says ‘One night in Vegas. From Section. 80 to DAMN’ so making a point of confirming no new material for that show and that it’s possibly even just a one off. No baring on his headliner chances next year at all.

I love how he had to make clear to people not to expect new material 😂

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

On a related note… where is the new material??

There’s been numerous ‘it’s coming soon’ mentions from various rappers, producers and radio people over the past year but judging from that poster it doesn’t seem like anything new is on the near horizon.

Guessing he’s waiting until he can properly tour and promote it, so hopefully next year.

Edited by FloorFiller

46 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@jparx

I remember Ken saying last year that he'd heard Kendrick hoped to tour in 2021, and Taylor was deffo sitting this year out with a view of resuming touring in 2022.

That said, if Kendrick is unable to play Europe this year, maybe he'll go for it in 2022 too.

Edited by henry bear

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

I remember Ken saying last year that he'd heard Kendrick hoped to tour in 2021, and Taylor was deffo sitting this year out with a view of resuming touring in 2022.

Kendrick booked dates for June 2021 before it all got canned again. It definitely sets the stage for all three headliners returning.