2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Still three headliners TBA there, and since they’re obviously embargoed it suggests they’re names not currently with dates announced. All to play for there still.

Plus even if she’s not there, I wouldn’t take that as any confirmation she’s out of the picture for 2022. If it’s true 1989 is coming soon, some tour dates could be announced off the back of that and we’ll have a clearer picture.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Something Taylor is coming soon so we shall see - but Mad Cool not having her isn’t exactly the end of the line IMO. 

First single from 1989 drops Thursday and release date announcement for August, then a huge tour announcement following the album release 🤞I think the Lover Fest dates were announced around September 2019, so it may well take a few more months yet to get a picture.

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

First single from 1989 drops Thursday and release date announcement for August, then a huge tour announcement following the album release 🤞I think the Lover Fest dates were announced around September 2019, so it may well take a few more months yet to get a picture.

This would be ideal to me.

Some pretty crazy rumours going around @jparx. One that it’s Scooters birthday on Friday so she’s going to release all of her re-recordings at once. As in Sparks Fly, Red, and 1989.

No one does petty like my queen Miss swift. 

Edited by Matt42

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

This would be ideal to me.

Some pretty crazy rumours going around @jparx. One that it’s Scooters birthday on Friday so she’s going to release all of her re-recordings at once. As in Sparks Fly, Red, and 1989.

No one does petty like my queen Miss swift. 

That would be absolutely hilarious.

That definitely sounds more like something her fans have come up with rather than something Taylor is actually gonna do. Although having three albums dominate the chart all at once would be a baller move, I’m sure she’d rather just have three certified #1s one after the other like she’s been doing already.

Stoked to hear 1989 if that’s what’s coming next. 

You spread it out cause you need people to not be totally broke. Also you want diff sales and # 1’s to be achieved. Cant do that if you crowd it all at the same time.

And for the present there will at least be some indication from somebody else on Monday where they could stand on that front. 😉

Edited by Suprefan

Yeah, joking aside she's definitely going to milk each record. I can see her wanting to beak a record for having most number 1 records in a calendar year or something. No idea on the record, but I think she has 2 already?

Anyways, back to the topic - I feel like it's swung now, and Taylor is the one with the most question  marks? Macca and Kendrick seem to be on point, but Taylor is the one we're waiting for. I think there's a rock solid chance Dua Lipa is the one if Taylor isn't there.

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah, joking aside she's definitely going to milk each record. I can see her wanting to beak a record for having most number 1 records in a calendar year or something. No idea on the record, but I think she has 2 already?

Anyways, back to the topic - I feel like it's swung now, and Taylor is the one with the most question  marks? Macca and Kendrick seem to be on point, but Taylor is the one we're waiting for. I think there's a rock solid chance Dua Lipa is the one if Taylor isn't there.

What if Billie was Taylor's replacement all along?

Quite unlikely and they probably will announce something not Glastonbury or Lars is going to Glasto but that Metallica gap could mean they are a potential replacement for a none returning headliner. 

yeah as people said 2014 was a once and done thing but it has been seven years, the gap is there and not being there in 14, it sounds like a fun prospect.

Probably not happening but they are now an option. If Kendrick doesn't sign which I think he is the least likely out of the three (not by much) then a Metallica, Macca, Taylor trio could work. Or imagine a rock Metallica > Aerosmith day. Yeah not happening.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

What if Billie was Taylor's replacement all along?

Possibly, but I'm just not seeing Billie at Glastonbury now. Maybe that's a total blindspot on my part, but I don't expect her there. She's also absent from these other Euro festival bills so far, so maybe she's just not doing festivals?

16 minutes ago, jparx said:

Possibly, but I'm just not seeing Billie at Glastonbury now. Maybe that's a total blindspot on my part, but I don't expect her there. She's also absent from these other Euro festival bills so far, so maybe she's just not doing festivals?

She's in the country, we know that, but like you I'm still sceptical.

3 hours ago, jparx said:

I see no reason to have to totally scour the globe to get a new headliner when you have one right there and its not going to cost you as much as it might if things were different. Having Dua being an Other headliner to begin with doesnt seem like a ridiculous stretch to just headline Pyramid. It was said that they had “Pyramid level” headliners on the bill as it is. So what if you use her up right now. How do you know the 3rd album is even going to be as big of a smash as Future Nostalgia anyway.  

Lets just go the extreme route right now and say Emily has had enough of the boys and let the girls have their way. Just dump Kendrick and Macca in favor of Billie, Dua and Taylor. Thatll get peoples blood boiling. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I see no reason to have to totally scour the globe to get a new headliner when you have one right there and its not going to cost you as much as it might if things were different. Having Dua being an Other headliner to begin with doesnt seem like a ridiculous stretch to just headline Pyramid. It was said that they had “Pyramid level” headliners on the bill as it is. So what if you use her up right now. How do you know the 3rd album is even going to be as big of a smash as Future Nostalgia anyway.  

Lets just go the extreme route right now and say Emily has had enough of the boys and let the girls have their way. Just dump Kendrick and Macca in favor of Billie, Dua and Taylor. Thatll get peoples blood boiling. 🤣

Yep, it'd be the easiest (and probably cheapest) move to just switch over Dua Lipa and have Wolf Alice/Lorde on the Other. 

Be gutting to lose Taylor, but I'd take that as a backup tbh.