2021 New Music

dentalplan

On 3/24/2021 at 3:10 PM, FloorFiller said:

Andrew Hung (of Fuck Buttons) has a new song out and it’s incredible:

This is the only post I could find about Hung so apologies if the album has already been discussed when it came out in June but I've just got to it and it's brilliant, had it on all day. About as pretty as gothic music gets.

40 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Saw this recommended on twitter earlier, came out in May but completely passed me by at the time. It's really fucking good.

For fans of Laura Marling and Waxahatchee

Yep similarly discovered this recently due to a late recommendation and its become a regular in my rotation. Really good stuff.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, priest17 said:

This is top, not his best (a high bar and difficult to do when you're as prolific as yet man) but some really cool noises on there. Been through it a few times now and still really enjoying it.

Yeah, this is pretty much where I'm at with it. It doesn't hit the highs of, say, Freedom's Goblin or Manipulator. But it's punchy, fun and I'm gonna listen to it loads.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

More new Deafheaven. Meh, three songs in and I’m struggling to get excited about this new direction they’re taking. Keep waiting for something good or exciting to happen but always met with a bit of a dull thud instead:

Basically an Alcest cover band at this point

12 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

More new Deafheaven. Meh, three songs in and I’m struggling to get excited about this new direction they’re taking. Keep waiting for something good or exciting to happen but always met with a bit of a dull thud instead:

They were doing this on the last album so I dont know how this is that strange of a thing.

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

They were doing this on the last album so I dont know how this is that strange of a thing.

Probably because those couple of songs were surrounded by absolute rippers, whereas this time it seems like they’ve just done away with all that in favour of this fairly bland sound. I don’t necessarily hate it, but it’s just disappointing coming from them, especially as they could’ve done so much more with this new sound instead of it just plodding along. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Probably because those couple of songs were surrounded by absolute rippers, whereas this time it seems like they’ve just done away with all that in favour of this fairly bland sound. I don’t necessarily hate it, but it’s just disappointing coming from them, especially as they could’ve done so much more with this new sound instead of it just plodding along. 

theres 6 more songs so we’ll see.

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

New Foxing will be first on my list today.

Not as good as the last one imo, and it probably didn’t help that they released half the album as singles and my dumb ass listened to them all, but it’s still good. Speak With the Dead was the first song they released from it and remains my favourite on first listen; kind of wish they’d gone more in that direction for the whole thing.