2021 New Music

dentalplan

4 hours ago, Quark said:

New one from The Lathums as well.  Not exactly groundbreaking stuff, but I like their whole vibe and I think singer has a great voice.

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Feel exactly the same about them. really like what I hear from them

Similar vibes in new one from Jamie Webster.

I really like The Killers new album, Pressure Machine. It's a bit of a different take on their usual stuff and some songs I'm not fond of but overall I really like it and liking it more as I listen to it. The songs that I do like are incredible though, my top 3 favourites so far are:

- Quiet Town. This is my favourite song on the album and is simply amazing. The use of the Harmonica throughout is inspired, it really connects and the whole song makes me feel emotional. It's also really fun to singalong to, I've listened to it several times already.

- Cody

- In The Car Outside

I'll caveat my comments by saying that Brandon Flowers is one of my favourite humans, I genuinely love him so I'm heavily biased but I think Pressure Machine is a really good album.

Agree with the comments on Jungle - never really got into their last album but this one hooked me in straightaway. Listened to the Killers a couple of times - indifferent to it so far ,but then I was (and still am) about parts of Imploding the Mirage. Hard to tell after only a couple of listens but I cant see that its an album I'm going to keep coming back to.

Loving the Jungle album. But… I do think there is a bit of a Saulty taste to some of the tracks. The question is, do I think that because it really has, or do I think that because I know theres a connection (and, Inflow does get name checked on some of the tracks). 
Anyway - saw them in Kingston last night. Absolutely fabulous. Can’t wait for the Brixton shows.  

21 hours ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Loving the Jungle album. But… I do think there is a bit of a Saulty taste to some of the tracks. The question is, do I think that because it really has, or do I think that because I know theres a connection (and, Inflow does get name checked on some of the tracks). 
Anyway - saw them in Kingston last night. Absolutely fabulous. Can’t wait for the Brixton shows.  

I thought this aswell

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yikes! That new Killers album really is good isn’t it? Little bit Jesus-y in places but still good.

Not sure how much of it will translate over to massive stadium shows mind…

Quite a lot of it, I reckon. It’s more understated than their usual songs, but their songs are usually very overstated. Tracks like Cody, West Hills and Quiet Town still have that fist in the air anthemic quality.

I'm not expecting much of it to get a look in for their stadium tour next year. Especially as they're always so reluctant to rotate out any of the hits, and it's still an Imploding The Mirage tour so those songs will take up a lot of setlist space. 

Very keen to hear about this intimate UK date they've mentioned, and I imagine these tracks will be the focus there. Manchester would be nice but it will almost certainly be London I suppose.

It's a really nice album. Think my faves atm are Quiet Town, Sleepwalker, In Another Life and the title track. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I'm not expecting much of it to get a look in for their stadium tour next year. Especially as they're always so reluctant to rotate out any of the hits, and it's still an Imploding The Mirage tour so those songs will take up a lot of setlist space. 

Very keen to hear about this intimate UK date they've mentioned, and I imagine these tracks will be the focus there. Manchester would be nice but it will almost certainly be London I suppose.

It's a really nice album. Think my faves atm are Quiet Town, Sleepwalker, In Another Life and the title track. 

Might be a new album by next May, going off what they’ve said to date.

Loving Pressure Machine - great stuff.  Reminds me a bit of last August when Taylor completely changed lane and smashed it with Folklore.  This is the biggest departure yet from their usual Stadium Rock, and I reckon they have nailed it.  Always a big risk doing something like this and all credit to them for pulling it off so brilliantly.  Love Brandon's vocals and the whole theme behind it. 

7 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Think my faves atm are Quiet Town, Sleepwalker, In Another Life and the title track. 

Good choices - pretty much my favs as well plus West Hills.  The title track is fantastic

• Like 1