2021 New Music

dentalplan

11 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Just finished listening, not massively familiar with his early work but I really enjoyed it

New Willy Mason is great (well worth the 9 year wait - hardest working man in showbiz 😄) , bound to be in my top ten AOTY, but if you like it, you should definitely check out his other 3 albums - especially 'if the ocean gets rough'.

Incidentally, it reminds me of one of the few rows I've had at Glasto - 2013, an hour or so before The Stones, Willy Mason played at Williams Green. A couple behind me were gobbing off loudly about how shit his voice was. I put up with it for about 3 songs, then I lost my rag, turned round & said something like "if you think he's so shit, why don't you just fuck off & watch something else instead?" Not like me at all, I'm not usually confrontational!

Edited by Punksnotdead

9 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

New British Sea Power (or Sea Power as they now wish to be known) single 'Two Fingers' is ace!

Sorry I can't embed it on my phone, but it's easy to find.

Here you go 😎

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Love how ever so slightly “off” Little Things sounds. 

Very few bands do very slightly off as well as Big Thief do. Little Things especially is so good. I know they’ve been working on a new album so hope this means it’s not far off. They just never miss. 

Not sure it will be many people cup of tea but just bought the new Moth Equals album, downtempo electronica. Will wait for a starry night get a little spangled and get the headphones on. It also has a tune called pyjama shark which I shall be using on occasions. Here is the blurb

Out of darkness, by magic' is a new collection of 12 electronic tracks, woven into a folk story about a witch, a pair of magic gloves, and an enormous shark with a penchant for eating stars.

Samples include: Udmurt folk, Bollywood balladry, Okinawan serenades, Egyptian crooning and much more