Football 2020/2021

zahidf

20 hours ago, eastynh said:

The best one was Kyle Walker somehow beating Sergio Aguero to the award in 2011/12. Aguero scored 23 league goals and 30 over all. He also scored the title winning goal. 

Isn’t one of the problems that the vote takes place around February? So any late season heroics aren’t taken into consideration?

Man City have the best squad in the world, possibly the best squad of all time, the title is theirs and they should do the treble. 
They will never have a better chance of winning the champions league than this season as well. Barca and Madrid are ordinary at the minute and Liverpool are having a shocking season. The only team who could cause an upset would be Bayern. 
For any team to do the treble it would be a fantastic achievement but if city do it and miss out on the champions league it’s got to go down as a bad season for them

17 hours ago, lost said:

Thay'd be better with Davies or Phillips at the back and Hendo over Thiago. He simply isn't a kick and rush type player and slows their whole game down.

Davies was meant to be the squad yesterday - possibly playing - but as every Liverpool CB does now, got injured 

7 hours ago, charlierc said:

I may have been premature when I felt after last weekend the relegation battle was ending, and as a Newcastle supporter, I'm not fond of how it's opening up, given Fulham suddenly have a more favourite fixture list and scope to close in on us.

3rd from bottom isn't done and dusted yet.

10 hours ago, charlierc said:

I may have been premature when I felt after last weekend the relegation battle was ending, and as a Newcastle supporter, I'm not fond of how it's opening up, given Fulham suddenly have a more favourite fixture list and scope to close in on us.

Callum Wilson is a massive loss. Just had a look at your fixtures. After United at the weekend, the following 7 are not too bad. Fulham have Liverpool and City in that period. I think you will just have enough to stay up.

Edited by eastynh