Football 2020/2021

zahidf

14 minutes ago, eastynh said:

At least Liverpool actually won some stuff. You were trying to give Fernandes awards the other day, even though he has not achieved anything. He has a good highlights reel though, I will give you that.

Do you have to win something to be player of the season? You don't half talk shite,  Bruno has been the outstanding player of the season so far. 

Shearer shite because he won nowt at Newcastle, le tissier at Southampton, Ginola all wonderful talents.

Edited by thetime

19 minutes ago, thetime said:

Do you have to win something to be player of the season? You don't half talk shite,  Bruno has been the outstanding player of the season so far. 

Shearer shite because he won nowt at Newcastle, le tissier at Southampton, Ginola all wonderful talents.

Fernandes has played in 3 semi finals since he arrived at United, he has done nothing in any of them and United have gone out of all of them. He has done nothing in any match against any of the top teams. He does not control midfields, he gives the ball away constantly, he offers absolutely nothing when it matters. Now he is brilliant at the edge of the box, he is also brilliant at dead ball situations but he is a flat track bully.

He's not been as good as Dias or Gundagon this season. He's nowhere near as good as Foden.

Edited by eastynh

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Fernandes has played in 3 semi finals since he arrived at United, he has done nothing in any of them and United have gone out of all of them. He has done nothing in any match against any of the top teams. He does not control midfields, he gives the ball away constantly, he offers absolutely nothing when it matters. Now he is brilliant at the edge of the box, he is also brilliant at dead ball situations but he is a flat track bully.

He's not been as good as Dias or Gundagon this season. He's nowhere near as good as Foden.

Bruno will be player of the year, foden will be young player of the year. 

We both know that. 👍

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

no idea why Klopp brought in defenders if he's not going to use them. Thiago needs ditching and Hendo and Fab need moving forwards.

I thought he might possibly have put Kabak with Fabinho and moved Henderson up but he’s had so little time with the squad it obviously wasn’t possible. The whole centre back situation has been dealt with shockingly. We all know we needed a least 1 other centre back even before Gomez and Van Dijk got injured but when they did we should have been ready to get someone as soon as the transfer window opened not wait for our last fit senior centre back to get injured to go out and get replacements. If we had done that last night could have been very different and the other games in January might have gone our way. 

6 hours ago, thetime said:

Loathe as I am to admit it, there’s a greasy little toe rag at Villa Park who might want a word...

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Loathe as I am to admit it, there’s a greasy little toe rag at Villa Park who might want a word...

Good shout, I dont think there's been many outstanding players this season. 

Calvert lewin might be with a shout of the young players award.

3 hours ago, thetime said:

Good shout, I dont think there's been many outstanding players this season. 

Calvert lewin might be with a shout of the young players award.

Harvey Barnes for YPoTS as well, potentially Saka and Foden as you’ve mentioned

Son and Kane could arguably be up for PoTS. And Grealish as mentioned

15 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Mount potentially, both have had incredible seasons

Mount has never let Southgate down, Maddison would have to win Leicester the league, to push mount out. Maddidon is unfortunate than England are spoiled for choice in his position.

As for the individual awards, we are only half way through the season. Upto now Gundogan has been the best player this season, with Dias not far behind him.

59 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Mount has never let Southgate down, Maddison would have to win Leicester the league, to push mount out. Maddidon is unfortunate than England are spoiled for choice in his position.

As for the individual awards, we are only half way through the season. Upto now Gundogan has been the best player this season, with Dias not far behind him.

No way, you definitely forgot Gundogan was a City player up until the last month

6 hours ago, eastynh said:

You obviously watch their matches a lot more than me but for me it would be the other way around. Dias has been unreal. He's managed to bring Stones' game to another level with his own performances. 

I’ve always argued that winning, or even being nominated for, Young POTY should preclude you from being nominated in future years. There should certainly be an appearance limit. Always drove me mad to see the likes of Rooney and Gerrard up for YPOTY despite having already played 100+ matches in the league.

Should be more of a “breakthrough” award IMO.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’ve always argued that winning, or even being nominated for, Young POTY should preclude you from being nominated in future years. There should certainly be an appearance limit. Always drove me mad to see the likes of Rooney and Gerrard up for YPOTY despite having already played 100+ matches in the league.

Should be more of a “breakthrough” award IMO.

Not only appearance, but the age limit is set too high.

1 hour ago, waltere said:

My favourite 'Young' Player of the Year fact is that James Milner made his Premier League debut in 2002, and won YPOTY in 2010!

He turned 24 during 2009-10, with this coming after he'd already made 150 appearances in the Premier League for Leeds, Newcastle and Aston Villa... I'm pretty sure he was a known quantity by this point.

Edited by charlierc

6 hours ago, waltere said:

My favourite 'Young' Player of the Year fact is that James Milner made his Premier League debut in 2002, and won YPOTY in 2010!

The best one was Kyle Walker somehow beating Sergio Aguero to the award in 2011/12. Aguero scored 23 league goals and 30 over all. He also scored the title winning goal. 

70 minutes of good football. 20 minutes of self destruction. 

VVD injury has had the knock on effect of Henderson not being in midfield which is actually more detrimental than anything else. That and we seem to be doing all we can to lose at the moment.

Falling outside the top 4 would be a disaster but the way it's going we're unlikely to be top 6.

Thay'd be better with Davies or Phillips at the back and Hendo over Thiago. He simply isn't a kick and rush type player and slows their whole game down.

Edited by lost

9 minutes ago, lost said:

Thay'd be better with Davies or Phillips at the back and Hendo over Thiago. He simply isn't a kick and rush type player and slows their whole game down.

Thiago reminds me of when united signed veron. Wonderful players but not suited to the style of play.

Edited by thetime