Football 2020/2021

zahidf

18 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

Edinson Cavani is such a typical United deadline day move. 

Spent the entire transfer window chasing a winger who they could not afford. Then on tranfer deadline day, buy a 30 odd year old striker who has been available for free, from the very start of the transfer window.

All this, in spite the fact that it is the defence and midfield which has been floundering.

Have to say that Paul Pogba is the most over rated footballer ever to play in the premier league. He cost a world record fee. Truly abysmal signing.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Spent the entire transfer window chasing a winger who they could not afford. Then on tranfer deadline day, buy a 30 odd year old striker who has been available for free, from the very start of the transfer window.

All this, in spite the fact that it is the defence and midfield which has been floundering.

Have to say that Paul Pogba is the most over rated footballer ever to play in the premier league. He cost a world record fee. Truly abysmal signing.

All spot on. 

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Amazingly through switching managed to catch most of them. From watching Ireland in recent years not sure they are a huge miss. Hope Scotland get through, think being underdogs may suit them.

I’m hoping to see Scotland get through, especially I have tickets for them v England.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

15 quid to watch West Brom v Burnley kicking off at 5.30 on a Monday evening???

Fuck that right off!

This is how it starts, this is where the big teams make their push to be allowed to negotiate their own TV deals.

The premiership teams are taking advantage of Covid. They will not want to change when people are allowed back in stadiums.

5 hours ago, thetime said:

Its not a new idea, remember prem plus?

and how did that turn out? this isn’t going to get any traction but it’s still absurd that they’re trying it. £15 to watch a game of football. it’s laughable. never going to happen as much as they may want it to. they couldn’t get people to pay for it in more prime slots. 

I wouldn’t mind paying it if it went directly to the club. I was quite happy paying for LUTV for the games when we were in the championship. I actually miss not being able to watch coverage through them. 

Our club owners media company owns the rights to showing the Premier League in Taiwan. I’d much rather pay for a VPN and a subscription to Eleven Sports than lining the pockets of the BT Sports etc board of directors.