Football 2020/2021

zahidf

1 minute ago, WS_Jack_III said:

the FA is the governing body of football in the country.

I think they still are but can only govern based on existing agreements/rules. There probably isn't anything that says "if a pandemic happens and there are no crowds the prem has to help with the bail out" So the prem can probably demand what it wants as its under no obligation to do so.

The rule regarding the big 9 having a say in who can own other clubs is quite interesting considering Newcastle are not on the list. Leicester too must be fuming, Villa and Leeds also definitely have the size to consolidate their position and you could say have been unlucky based on the time period.

2 minutes ago, lost said:

The rule regarding the big 9 having a say in who can own other clubs is quite interesting considering Newcastle are not on the list. Leicester too must be fuming, Villa and Leeds also definitely have the size to consolidate their position and you could say have been unlucky based on the time period.

It's literally just happened to us though, interesting to see it's out in public now.

I hope every fan is against the proposals that have been floated today.

Only the top 9 club in the league get a vote, then only 6 have to agree. It is a stitch up and a carve up by American owners. Unfortunately I reckon City are fully behind the proposals.

Agree to this and next it will be no relegation or promotion. Clubs will be franchised out. The TV money will be carved up so the big boys take all the money.

There does need to be changes in football. The lower leagues should be regional. A few of the ideas seem sensible. Unfortunately these proposals are a blatant power grab by the top clubs. It is absolutely disgusting that they are using covid as an excuse to further their selfish aspirations.

Fuck the lot of them. These proposals are bad for football. They only benefit the elite few.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

I hope every fan is against the proposals that have been floated today.

Only the top 9 club in the league get a vote, then only 6 have to agree. It is a stitch up and a carve up by American owners. Unfortunately I reckon City are fully behind the proposals.

Agree to this and next it will be no relegation or promotion. Clubs will be franchised out. The TV money will be carved up so the big boys take all the money.

There does need to be changes in football. The lower leagues should be regional. A few of the ideas seem sensible. Unfortunately these proposals are a blatant power grab by the top clubs. It is absolutely disgusting that they are using covid as an excuse to further their selfish aspirations.

Fuck the lot of them. These proposals are bad for football. They only benefit the elite few.

The reality is that many of these foreign owners dont know and couldn't care less about the great history of the game. They care about money, power and prestige. 

To see a club like Liverpool go from putting staff on furlough (before being forced to backtrack) to this shows that some of the soul has been lost from the club since they took the American money. I hope the trophies are worth it.

The football authorities need to put the clubs back in their places. The elite clubs have too much power.

City were formed so that the local lads would have something to do and not be fighting each other. United were formed, literally 300m from my house, for the lads working on the railway at Dean Lane (quite ironic that the leading man behind their firmation was a Scouser). Now United are a cash cow for stuggling American mall owners, while City are a walking advertisement for Sbu Dhabi.

Football was the peoples sport. Unfortunately it has been stolen from us by greedy vultures who do not give a fuck. A sign of this is the state of Liverpools and Uniteds stadiums. The 2 biggest clubs in England play in decrepit shitholes. The owners do not give a toss about the fans.

19 hours ago, lost said:

They have about 10% of the money the prem has. I guess they need that bail out desperately and the premier league can attach any conditions they like to it.

Using a pandemic for a power grab and an attempt to create a closed shop does seem a new low.

As I understood the premier league aren’t behind these proposals - and are therefore against them. 

1 minute ago, TheGayTent said:

As I understood the premier league aren’t behind these proposals - and are therefore against them. 

Yeah there is a bit more about now than I read yesterday. its Rick Parry pushing it.

56 minutes ago, thetime said:

EFL would be getting a big cash injection and a big annual increase, so of course he is going to be for it.

It won't get off the ground.

Rick Parry, former Liverpool Chief Exec, pushing a proposal thought up by Liverpool that will benefit Liverpool (and United) above everyone else and also help out his current role?

Hmmmm.... Definitely no vested interests here.

• Like 1

Rick Parry is a vile piece of work. He was the one pushing for City to be punished for the the Der Spiegel accusations. He was also the one leaking the information. Hence why he was rapidly fucked off from his role with UEFA, when City went to case.

Thankfully it seems City are not supportive of these proposals. The only 3 who seem to be in favour are United, Liverpool and Spurs. No coincidence that all 3 are American owned. 

31 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Genuinely curious to hear what the Liverpool/United fans’ feelings are on this.

The vote is a load of bollox.

That being said football left its working class roots when they took the sky money. 

Is it just the vote structure changing that you do not like? 

Cutting the premier league to 18, getting rid of the league cup and giving the EFL more money does not seem a bad idea to be honest. 

12 minutes ago, thetime said:

The vote is a load of bollox.

That being said football left its working class roots when they took the sky money. 

Is it just the vote structure changing that you do not like? 

Cutting the premier league to 18, getting rid of the league cup and giving the EFL more money does not seem a bad idea to be honest. 

It’s the cynicism behind it all and the calculated nature of the timing to take advantage of the global crisis that stings the most. This is a power grab designed to be able to allow the likes of Liverpool and United to do what they want further down the line. They can dress it up however they want however this is the equivalent of throwing a drowning man a rope only to hang him with it immediately afterwards.

I don’t want to support a game where only the six richest clubs have the power to influence what happens. This is all set up with a view to the next round of TV deal negotiations, get ready for the likes of Liverpool demanding that they should have a greater share or be able to negotiate their own deals. They’ll block any club who threatens their cabal and eventually they’ll shut the trapdoor and make sure the PL is a closed shop that benefits only their chosen members.

I’d rather they fucked off to their Euro Super League before any of that happened and never returned.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

For a club that’s probably more obsessed with their own history than any other it’s surprising nobody ever stopped and thought “would the likes of Shankley gone for this?”

A club formed by a conservative MP and landlord off the back of him trying to fuck his existing tenant over with extortionate rents? It makes perfect sense.