Football 2020/2021

zahidf

2 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Premier league clubs don't need more money, the EFL does. And if it goes directly to the club it'll just increase inequality. Look at Real and Barca being able to negotiate separate tv deals. 

Premier league clubs still have to abide by FFP rules even if City seem to get away with flaunting it. 

Leeds is a club that has survived financial meltdown and is one of the few self sustaining and profitable clubs out there. Having more income will benefit us. The same with the smaller premier league clubs too. 

The loss of gate receipts affect all teams. I would like to support my club where possible. 

EFL clubs are allowed their own broadcasting rights. iFollow was set up just for this purpose so fans can still pay to watch their teams. 

There’s more to the premier league than the “big 6” 

23 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Premier league clubs still have to abide by FFP rules even if City seem to get away with flaunting it. 

Leeds is a club that has survived financial meltdown and is one of the few self sustaining and profitable clubs out there. Having more income will benefit us. The same with the smaller premier league clubs too. 

The loss of gate receipts affect all teams. I would like to support my club where possible. 

EFL clubs are allowed their own broadcasting rights. iFollow was set up just for this purpose so fans can still pay to watch their teams. 

There’s more to the premier league than the “big 6” 

If it goes directly to clubs, the big ones will get far more than the small ones, and inequality will only grow.

How many people will pay to watch the big boys compared to the smaller clubs? It's not about isolated payments, it's about the overall impact and footballing ecosystem. 

4 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

If it goes directly to clubs, the big ones will get far more than the small ones, and inequality will only grow.

How many people will pay to watch the big boys compared to the smaller clubs? It's not about isolated payments, it's about the overall impact and footballing ecosystem. 

This TV arrangement is a temporary one as fans are unable to go to the grounds. 

All clubs are losing income because the fans aren’t there. 

This should be a direct alternative to money coming in via the turnstiles and fans should be able to pay their club to watch the game. 

Once normality resumes then things can return to the way they were. 

Paying a TV company an extortionate fee for a game isn’t good for anyone apart from that TV companies board of directors. 

Suggestions in the FT Liverpool's owners are cashing in. Apparently a SPAC has been created as a prelude to a stock market listing of Fenway. Condoleezza Rice of all people working on the deal.

I think that suggests they don't expect fans back any time soon or at least for Red Socks games.

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

This TV arrangement is a temporary one as fans are unable to go to the grounds. 

All clubs are losing income because the fans aren’t there. 

This should be a direct alternative to money coming in via the turnstiles and fans should be able to pay their club to watch the game. 

Once normality resumes then things can return to the way they were. 

Paying a TV company an extortionate fee for a game isn’t good for anyone apart from that TV companies board of directors. 

Newcastle v United

Where is the 14.99 going? The home team? Away team? Newcastle getting equal money to United? What about the other clubs who are not going to be televised by PPV? You would imagine it is not going to be a temporary move and all clubs will be given the opportunity to rake a few extra pounds in.

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

Newcastle v United

Where is the 14.99 going? The home team? Away team? Newcastle getting equal money to United? What about the other clubs who are not going to be televised by PPV? You would imagine it is not going to be a temporary move and all clubs will be given the opportunity to rake a few extra pounds in.

I don’t know where this £14.99 PPV money is going. Probably not that much of it will end up going to the clubs themselves. 

From what I know from watching Leeds via LUTV is that the club got all the profits from the streaming service whether they played home or away but in return the club they were playing also had the chance to earn money via iFollow or their own streaming service. 

There was no home or away advantage for who got the money. It was down to the fans wanting to support their club.

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I don’t know where this £14.99 PPV money is going. Probably not that much of it will end up going to the clubs themselves. 

From what I know from watching Leeds via LUTV is that the club got all the profits from the streaming service whether they played home or away but in return the club they were playing also had the chance to earn money via iFollow or their own streaming service. 

There was no home or away advantage for who got the money. It was down to the fans wanting to support their club.

Well reports are that the money will be going to the clubs, Newcastle will benefit from the fixture more than WBA anyway.

16 minutes ago, thetime said:

You would imagine it is not going to be a temporary move

I guess its till we get this moon shot testing of which "the technology currently doesn't exist" :lol: 

If we are apparently getting a vaccine in December and It seems that's still not good enough as they are going to spaff a huge amount of money up the wall on this testing (and potentially not deliver anything) you would think this could drag on many years or maybe even forever.

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Well reports are that the money will be going to the clubs, Newcastle will benefit from the fixture more than WBA anyway.

Will be nice to know how much is going to the club. 

If the ppv fixtures are arranged equally then that’s the fairest for all. 

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

That will be difficult, as you would imagine the ones involving united and liverpool will bring in most money.

If it’s about money for the clubs then BT Sport shouldn’t care as they are providing a service for the fans. 

But like you say Leeds United & Liverpool games will bring a higher audience. BT Sport will be wanting to maximise profits for themselves so will try and put the most popular games on PPV so it wouldn’t be a fair split for those clubs that don’t have a huge draw and you have the same problem of the big clubs getting all the money. 

Either way the fans are getting the rough deal, having to pay extra on top of all the multiple services they are already forking out for with the vast majority of the money probably not going to the clubs themselves. 

5 hours ago, lost said:

Suggestions in the FT Liverpool's owners are cashing in. Apparently a SPAC has been created as a prelude to a stock market listing of Fenway. Condoleezza Rice of all people working on the deal.

I think that suggests they don't expect fans back any time soon or at least for Red Socks games.

Heard the Prof fella who advises the Scottish Government saying today that he would NOT bet on full houses in stadiums for Euro 21 next summer 🙈

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/10/11/world-exclusive-man-utd-liverpool-driving-project-big-picture/

Grim. In particular:

Special status for the nine longest serving clubs – and the vote of only six of those “long-term shareholders” required to make major changes, including amending rules and regulations, agreeing contracts, removal of the chief executive, and a wide-ranging veto including on club ownership

26 minutes ago, jyoung said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/10/11/world-exclusive-man-utd-liverpool-driving-project-big-picture/

Grim. In particular:

Special status for the nine longest serving clubs – and the vote of only six of those “long-term shareholders” required to make major changes, including amending rules and regulations, agreeing contracts, removal of the chief executive, and a wide-ranging veto including on club ownership

What was I saying a few months ago? 

How come the FA have no authority over this?

11 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

How come the FA have no authority over this?

They have about 10% of the money the prem has. I guess they need that bail out desperately and the premier league can attach any conditions they like to it.

Using a pandemic for a power grab and an attempt to create a closed shop does seem a new low.

2 minutes ago, lost said:

They have about 10% of the money the prem has. I guess they need that bail out desperately and the premier league can attach any conditions they like to it.

Using a pandemic for a power grab and an attempt to create a closed shop does seem a new low.

I guess the PL was a break away from the FA's structure but I thought the FA is the governing body of football in the country.