Football 2020/2021

zahidf

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I wouldn’t put it past you, you have a relatively easy run in, only Chelsea as a contender left and have absolutely nothing to lose

what a man, what a year it’ll be next year if he captains you through a European campaign 

Ha, even if we manage a Europa spot we’d only draw Astra Giurgiu and be out before the English season even starts for a 3rd time 

I've been very impressed with Leicester since they lost Maddison and Harvey Barnes, even Iheanacho stepping up and getting POTM whilst Vardy was injured.

I still don't understand why they seemed to be the only team in for Tielemans when he became available.

46 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Ha, even if we manage a Europa spot we’d only draw Astra Giurgiu and be out before the English season even starts for a 3rd time 

Not if you finish 5th, Astra Fucking Go-Go will be a mile away from your thoughts

In real time, I thought the run-in between Tarkowski and Longstaff in the Burnley v Newcastle game earlier would be a generous penalty, but pretty much everyone else was adamant it should've been a stonewall. Having said that, VAR ruling that kick in the face was not a foul then giving a foul against McTominay for a less intense challenge on Son is bizarre.

So it's as confusing and indecipherable as ever then.

12 hours ago, eastynh said:

Not on it at all yesterday. Not sure what's up with Raheem. Seems a shadow of the player who we have seen over the last few years.

Fair play to Leeds. I like a team who grinds out a result when down to 10 men.

He’s got his England shooting boots on in preparation for the Euros. 

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Big Sam football machine is well and truly running now... just a shame it’s three months too late.

Unfortunately you would imagine it will be too little too late, that's assuming the good run of form even continues (sorry to be dreary!). That said... Newcastle's next fixtures are West Ham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester and Man City. So there's every chance they will need to get results in their last two games, coincidentally against Sheffield United and Fulham. I think Newcastle will just about scrape staying up but it will go to the wire. WBA do look much more expansive in their last two games though. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

If both legs of Chelsea’s match have been played at neutral venues then why do they have “away goals”?

Yeah this really wouldn't sit well with me if my team went out on away goals against a Portuguese team with both games played in Spain... Luckily we don't need to worry about that though. Semi finalists!

11 minutes ago, jyoung said:

The sooner stadiums are full the better. Knockout football in particular is crying out for a crowd. 

I can't help but wonder what the atmosphere inside anfield or the yellow wall tomorrow would be like with the crowd. Football this season just feels hollow.

19 hours ago, Dan R said:

I can't help but wonder what the atmosphere inside anfield or the yellow wall tomorrow would be like with the crowd. Football this season just feels hollow.

Looking forward to the game tonight nonetheless. First goal is obviously crucial.