Football 2020/2021

zahidf

7 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think winning the champions league would be walking the walk.

That's there holy grail, a bit like united winning the title after 26 years and Liverpool 30 years.

That being said the quadruple would put them in the history books, winning the champions league isn't going to do that.

Now I think united, arsenal and Liverpool are a bit obsessed with there individual achievements(treble, undefeated, 6 cl). 

1 hour ago, thetime said:

That's there holy grail, a bit like united winning the title after 26 years and Liverpool 30 years.

That being said the quadruple would put them in the history books, winning the champions league isn't going to do that.

Now I think united, arsenal and Liverpool are a bit obsessed with there individual achievements(treble, undefeated, 6 cl). 

I think fan obsession is to some extent driven by the media. I imagine (something I will never have to worry about) if you win the champions league, you don't spend much time worrying about if you won the league cup and fa cup.

Individual brain farts, a small/lacking in depth squad, clever tactics by Bruce, a sterling performance from Saint-Maximim, down to 10 men yet still almost snatched a point. Much to be admired. 

Tuchel showing that Lampard was by far the poorest manager plying his trade in the top flight this season. 

6 minutes ago, thetime said:

Who are the big 6 now?

According to the article. Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal are the ones included with City yet to sign up.

I would think both Arsenal and Spurs could replaced if they don't act quickly both could be in long term decline.

56 minutes ago, lost said:

According to the article. Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal are the ones included with City yet to sign up.

I would think both Arsenal and Spurs could replaced if they don't act quickly both could be in long term decline.

Well, well, well. Bayern and PSG against the plans apparently. I'll wait until I hear more info when it is announced by I suspect the feeling will be what a bunch of twats...

6 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Well, well, well. Bayern and PSG against the plans apparently. I'll wait until I hear more info when it is announced by I suspect the feeling will be what a bunch of twats...

I'm surprised we have 5 for if those two are against it as I think the English clubs have the most to lose. There was a guy on tv saying Spanish flu took a decade to mutate into something as deadly as normal flu and so if we are expecting something similar with covid we could have rolling travel restrictions for the same length.

You'd think the Schengen area would be back to normal much more quickly than travel between the UK and Europe and so our clubs could be at a massive disadvantage with regards to ticket revenue and away support. I would of thought covid would of made the revenue in your home country much more important.

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Would they really kick out the Manchester clubs and Liverpool from the premiere league?

City not on the list but yes kicked out and their players banned from world cups / Euro's too.

1 hour ago, lost said:

Athletic says City have signed up to it

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Athletic says City have signed up to it

Times says not yet but guess we will find out tonight. It does seem to be a project by the American owners who want the NBA franchise model.

2 minutes ago, lost said:

Times says not yet but guess we will find out tonight. It does seem to be a project by the American owners who want the NBA franchise model.

I love NBA but this just isn't it for the football. If Chelsea end up in one of these Super Leagues I will sack them off in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 1