Football 2020/2021

zahidf

2 hours ago, jyoung said:

Courtois with a big save early doors. Salah probably should have scored that...

Yeah that was a bad miss. There were more than enough chances for us to score, nobody to blame but ourselves.

Having said that, after about 65 minutes Madrid just shut the game down, their defence was great.

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

PSG, Chelsea, Man City & Real Madrid into the semi finals.
Good to see four teams that have grown through nothing but hard work, determination and clean finances make it this far. It warms the heart.

That the best you've got?

14 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

PSG, Chelsea, Man City & Real Madrid into the semi finals.
Good to see four teams that have grown through nothing but hard work, determination and clean finances make it this far. It warms the heart.

Love it, now kill it off with a how boring a psg - city semi final is and how no one cares

3 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Yeah that was a bad miss. There were more than enough chances for us to score, nobody to blame but ourselves.

Having said that, after about 65 minutes Madrid just shut the game down, their defence was great.

Agreed. Madrid did defend well but Liverpool didn't really have a plan b. Kept trying the same ball again and again and again. Best chances were obviously in the first half. If one of those goes in its a different story. They'll have to put a good run together now to have a chance of making top four.

2 minutes ago, jyoung said:

That the best you've got?

What else is there to say? Having difficulty deciding which one leaves the least nasty taste in your mouth. When it could be Chelsea, you know something's up.

*It's not Chelsea.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

What else is there to say? Having difficulty deciding which one leaves the least nasty taste in your mouth. When it could be Chelsea, you know something's up.

*It's not Chelsea.

It's not like liverpool are playing on the paupers table. 

Fire sale on the summer?

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

Agreed. Madrid did defend well but Liverpool didn't really have a plan b. Kept trying the same ball again and again and again. Best chances were obviously in the first half. If one of those goes in its a different story. They'll have to put a good run together now to have a chance of making top four.

Any other season we would have won that fairly comfortably I think, this season the confidence in the entire team is shot. Unfortunately that includes our front 3, in fact you could say they’re more out of form than anyone else.

Just want this season over and done with now. If we make top 4, great. If we don’t then I wouldn’t care if he played the kids in the Europa. We just need the season over and done with so the players can start a new season without their confidence in the gutter and VVD/Gomez back. If it’s true we’re signing Konate and I imagine we’ll keep Kabak then it must be curtains for Matip. Great defender but made of glass.

City v Chelsea CL final I reckon.

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

It's not like liverpool are playing on the paupers table. 

Fire sale on the summer?

It could be a very interesting summer seeing who they will let go.

The fun will be watching the Liverpool Twitter fam who are convinced we are signing Mbappe have a melt down when we replace one of the front 3 with some lad from Norway that no-one has heard of.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

City v Chelsea CL final I reckon.

We go to Madrid in the first leg and after watching the two games against LFC, I certainly wouldn't fancy our chances if we come away from that game having lost and not scored. Their game management is top notch. Obviously you want to have a lead to protect but I'd be happy to come back to the Bridge with a score draw. Think both ties could go either way.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

It could be a very interesting summer seeing who they will let go.

The fun will be watching the Liverpool Twitter fam who are convinced we are signing Mbappe have a melt down when we replace one of the front 3 with some lad from Norway that no-one has heard of.

Still think you will scrape 4th to be honest.

Just now, thetime said:

Does that ever happen?

I suspect Klopp probably won’t do it in the Europa League, no. He certainly seems to do it a fair amount in the domestic cups. It’s actually crazy how little he seems to care about them.

But then I guess as a fan the order you’d want to win the trophies would probably go Europa League > FA Cup > Carling Worthington Coca Cola Milk League Cup.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Nah everyone’s heard of Haaland now mate 👀

Edited by DareToDibble

Just now, DareToDibble said:

But then I guess as a fan the order you’d want to win the trophies would probably go Europa League > FA Cup > Carling Worthington Coca Cola Milk League Cup.

Imo for a team like Chelsea or Liverpool winning the Europa is only a success if you haven't made top four in the league otherwise I'd probably always rather win the FA Cup. You play some stupid games in the Europa...

2 minutes ago, jyoung said:

We go to Madrid in the first leg and after watching the two games against LFC, I certainly wouldn't fancy our chances if we come away from that game having lost and not scored. Their game management is top notch. Obviously you want to have a lead to protect but I'd be happy to come back to the Bridge with a score draw. Think both ties could go either way.

IF you were to qualify would you prefer City (Insanely good bit at least you have some knowledge of how to play against them) or PSG (for me, the weaker of the 2 but still ridiculous)?

Just now, jyoung said:

Imo for a team like Chelsea or Liverpool winning the Europa is only a success if you haven't made top four in the league otherwise I'd probably always rather win the FA Cup. You play some stupid games in the Europa...

I don’t know what it is with the FA Cup but I really do believe it’s lost it’s appeal. Sad really as I used to have it up there with the PL.

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I suspect Klopp probably won’t do it in the Europa League, no. He certainly seems to do it a fair amount in the domestic cups. It’s actually crazy how little he seems to care about them.

Fa cup first for me, first after the big 2. Always the Fa Cup, europa is certainly 2nd rate.

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

IF you were to qualify would you prefer City (Insanely good bit at least you have some knowledge of how to play against them) or PSG (for me, the weaker of the 2 but still ridiculous)?

Depends. If we beat City in the FA Cup semi at the weekend you'd be more confident. I don't necessarily expect that to happen. I'm not too fussed either way tbh as on paper both are better than Chelsea and both are likely to win the comp sooner or later.