Football 2020/2021

zahidf

44 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just go. All of the clubs who want it just fuck off and never return. Go play Real Madrid every week until everyone realises how boring it is.

English football will cope without them.

It would crumble in the short term, clubs would go to the wall. Unfortunately the big TV contracts are for the top 6 clubs, Unfortunately the top 6 know that and are using it to there advantage. 

You would be getting basically championship level tv contracts, where would the wages come from.

Although like it was muted a while back, it won't happen. 

9 minutes ago, thetime said:

It would crumble in the short term, clubs would go to the wall. Unfortunately the big TV contracts are for the top 6 clubs, Unfortunately the top 6 know that and are using it to there advantage. 

You would be getting basically championship level tv contracts, where would the wages come from.

I have no fear of the Championship. We’ve spent enough time there. If anything I prefer the principals of fair competition there to the farce that is being an also ran in the PL.

12 minutes ago, thetime said:

Unless the big name players see playing for their country as more important than money.

If City are not a founder I think they would be insane to sign up for this as the founders have all the power, You'd expect them to be looking for a bigger slice of the pie in 3 or 5 years time when the other clubs have burnt their bridges. Add in the German clubs who are structured in a way in which commercial interest can't gain a controlling stake and also the French league which is arguably better than Italy its debatable which Euro competition will be better to watch.

Edited by lost

Ultimately though I’m sure this is just gamesmanship. A way for the elite to hold the rest of English football to ransom so they can pocket an even bigger slice of the pie, makes themselves even richer and make the gap to everyone else even more insurmountable.

Liverpool, United, Chelsea, City, Arsenal... I fucking loathe all of them. They’re all utterly despicable c**ts.

Edited by Hugh Jass

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Fair fucks to Neville. I’ve always had time for him and he’s gone even further up in my estimation.

The trouble ia Neville is like most fans of these clubs and the good points are mixed in with a lot of hot hair. Supporters talk about how terrible these things are, but continue to support the clubs, buy the merchandise, follow on social media etc. When it comes down to it, not enough fans will make the moves that will have a significant impact 

Just now, pink_triangle said:

The trouble ia Neville is like most fans of these clubs and the good points are mixed in with a lot of hot hair. Supporters talk about how terrible these things are, but continue to support the clubs, buy the merchandise, follow on social media etc. When it comes down to it, not enough fans will make the moves that will have a significant impact 

A fair point, but I’d argue it can only be a good thing when such a pro-United man such is Neville is takes such a vociferous and public stand against it.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

A fair point, but I’d argue it can only be a good thing when such a pro-United man such is Neville is takes such a vociferous and public stand against it.

Talks about greed and money ruining football while working for sky.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ultimately though I’m sure this is just gamesmanship, a way for the elite to hold the rest of football to ransom so they can pocket an even bigger slice of the pie, makes themselves even richer and make the gap to everyone else even more insurmountable.

Liverpool, United, Chelsea, City, Arsenal... I fucking loathe all of them. They’re all utterly despicable c**ts.

These clubs sold their soul to the devil and fabs are surprised when they don't act like angels. I hope they do follow through and join their closed shop league which I will happily ignore. 

If it does reduce the quality of the top league in England then so what, I enjoyed football more when there was less money and the standard was poorer.

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

These clubs sold their soul to the devil and fabs are surprised when they don't act like angels. I hope they do follow through and join their closed shop league which I will happily ignore. 

If it does reduce the quality of the top league in England then so what, I enjoyed football more when there was less money and the standard was poorer.

Imagine a league that more than three clubs have a realistic chance of winning...

Who would watch that?

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

My guess is you would probably still end up with 3 teams winning it and a new heirachy would form, but at least it would be a new 3.

Quite possibly, but without mega clubs being backed by dubious oil barons, Saudi royals or whatever the fuck the Glazers are meant to be. No mega TV deals or means into the CL to attract potential investors it should lead to a much more even playing field. Clubs like Everton, Villa and West Ham would probably be the biggest fish, but none are exactly invincible.

I’m excited by this, can they fuck off tomorrow?

I wonder what the fans of these clubs make of it all. And I’m not talking about the teenage c**ts in Kent or Kuala Lumpur who tweet about how much they love their clubs and slag off others but have never been within 100 miles of the North West. I mean the actual fans, those who go regularly, those who are part of the local communities these frauds claim to represent. They can’t be happy surely?

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I wonder what the fans of these clubs make of it all. And I’m not talking about the teenage c**ts in Kent or Kuala Lumpur who tweet about how much they love their clubs and slag off others but have never been within 100 miles of the North West. I mean the actual fans, those who go regularly, those who are part of the local communities these frauds claim to represent. They can’t be happy surely?

Supporters groups already coming out and condemning their clubs. Rightly so.