Football 2020/2021

zahidf

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Would supporters groups have any recourse? Could they block it?

Your club fucking off out the league without even asking your opinion would be pretty shit.

You'd imagine ultimately, probably not. Chelsea fans own the pitch so might be able to do something there but I highly doubt it. I love Chelsea but I have no interest in watching them play exclusively in a closed European league that they founded so that they can make millions of pounds and can't get relegated.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I wonder what the fans of these clubs make of it all. And I’m not talking about the teenage c**ts in Kent or Kuala Lumpur who tweet about how much they love their clubs and slag off others but have never been within 100 miles of the North West. I mean the actual fans, those who go regularly, those who are part of the local communities these frauds claim to represent. They can’t be happy surely?

I can't see any fans being happy with it to be honest. I would say mostly because of the closed shop. End of the day the premier league was set up for a lucrative tv contract, champions league like wise. 

Just now, jyoung said:

You'd imagine ultimately, probably not. Chelsea fans own the pitch so might be able to do something there but I highly doubt it. I love Chelsea but I have no interest in watching them play exclusively in a closed European league that they founded so that they can make millions of pounds and can't get relegated.

This pretty sums up from united fans on social media. 

8 minutes ago, thetime said:

Simple solution to these issues follow the german model of football ownership. Make it a rule by UEFA/FIFA that all clubs have to be owned 51% by fans.

Shit like this would not even be suggested.

The result could be the best players (assuming uefa not fifa)  flocking to USA or China, I'm not sure that would particularly bother me.

31 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Unless these supporter groups are willing to promote anything that impacts the club/owner financially then I don't see what difference it will make. I don't think these clubs care what the fans think.

Supportergroup laughing at the idea of spurs as a big club.big debts maybe.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

What will be interesting with a euro league is what promotion sand relegation rules it has its likely to be about guaranteeing major status. 

The suggestions seem to be 20 clubs, 12 founders who get most of the money another 3 who can't be kicked out and then 5 places each year which are either invite or decided on finishing places in domestic leagues.

If they had their pick of clubs I'd go with the 11/12 already confirmed if Man City are in then PSG, Bayern, Ajax or porto.

If the remaining 5 are decided by the highest placing teams in the top 5 leagues that does lock out many clubs from say Portugal or even teams like shakhtar donetsk who have done well recently. Only an American could think up a European league that the majority of Europe can't get into.

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Sounds good to me.

Hoping to go to Glasgow uni in September, very looking forward to my number one accom choice being 5 minutes away from Partick Thistle

Edited by Gerard the Fab