Harry styles

Leyrulion

43 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Neil is still pretty confident his team placed that story in the media. I wouldn’t rule him out of turning up.

me neither 'the people' don't normally place a story like that unless its true, cos they lose credibility with the people they tip off if they tell porkies.

48 minutes ago, Neil said:

me neither 'the people' don't normally place a story like that unless its true, cos they lose credibility with the people they tip off if they tell porkies.

Thanks Neil, I doubted you with Macca and Kendrick but I won’t doubt you this time. 

9 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Genuinely, if you like him or not, to get him there this year and not as a headliner would be an insane get.

The easiest way to rationalise it in my mind is if they already have 2023’s headliners sorted and basically this year is the only chance for him to play for a very long time.

Maybe his team don’t think he will ever get the call, so a special set hits harder.

54 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The easiest way to rationalise it in my mind is if they already have 2023’s headliners sorted and basically this year is the only chance for him to play for a very long time.

Maybe his team don’t think he will ever get the call, so a special set hits harder.

I’m convinced by this logic. I don’t expect it, but a ‘special guest’ slot announced close to the festival or on the day is low-risk compared to a headline set whichever year. He’d be divisive as fuck as a headliner months in advance but just another name to miss for someone else when the schedule is set.

He’s British and a music fan so he’ll want to cross Glastonbury off despite the stadium gigs. Robbie Williams Pyramid 98 type shit.

And as you say, given the runners for the same slot as him, (Taylor, Dua, Abel, Olivia) he’s pretty unfavoured. Best opportunity.

Edit: I don’t believe that his team ‘planted the story’ though.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Thanks Neil, I doubted you with Macca and Kendrick but I won’t doubt you this time. 

Or else they've already booked him for next year and he's doing a secret this year, killers set a precedent? Or maybe that's a bit of stretch?

Edited by Madyaker

2 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Genuinely, if you like him or not, to get him there this year and not as a headliner would be an insane get.

You think he's Headliner level? Is he really that big? I know he's big but musically is he headliner material? anecdotally none of my group would see him at that level 

2 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

You think he's Headliner level? Is he really that big? I know he's big but musically is he headliner material? anecdotally none of my group would see him at that level 

To be fair to him, he's headlining Coachella, sold out a UK stadium tour incl. Wembley twice and his music has commercial success - and a decent catalogue from both albums, especially with HS3 on the way and all the 1D stuff too (which granted he doesn't do much from). 

I posted this in another thread last month and stand by it...

RE: Harry Styles, just read an article which says he currently has a 5 movie deal with Marvel, and has signed another deal with Netflix, alongside a couple of other movies he has already signed for.

Could he be busy filming for the next 5 summers say, so it really is now or never in terms of Glastonbury, and so he wouldn't necessarily wait out to headline, and just take a sub slot now knowing how culturally significant Glastonbury is?

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I’m convinced by this logic. I don’t expect it, but a ‘special guest’ slot announced close to the festival or on the day is low-risk compared to a headline set whichever year. He’d be divisive as fuck as a headliner months in advance but just another name to miss for someone else when the schedule is set.

He’s British and a music fan so he’ll want to cross Glastonbury off despite the stadium gigs. Robbie Williams Pyramid 98 type shit.

And as you say, given the runners for the same slot as him, (Taylor, Dua, Abel, Olivia) he’s pretty unfavoured. Best opportunity.

Edit: I don’t believe that his team ‘planted the story’ though.

The morning when Coachella was going to announce there was a Harry Styles headlining  story  that popped up an hour before it was scheduled to be out there, they pushed back the poster til later in the day. Thats not by accident. The industry does what it does. Considering his tour dates and such it was a smart way to soften up the ground that he was a possibility to perform, but not as a headliner even though he could be right now. And it plays into Emily saying there are plenty of headliner worthy artists on the bill, they just had to make room. Lool at it this way, if her performs, thats going ti be on the level of Olivia Rodrigo being there in terms of value youre getting from a the ticket.